Minnowboard Max Wants Its Own Space In DIYers' Hearts

Minnowboard Max is the second in the line of Minnowboard series of mini-computers launched by MinnowBoard.org for the DIYers. Just a few months ago, the MinnowBoard had announced their own competitor in the markets dominated by Raspberry Pi, Arduino and BeagleBone for $199. The Minnowboard Max has several advantages over its older brother. First, it's super-affordable at $99 and also offers improved hardware (specs below) and smaller size (3.9" x 3.9"). Note that Raspberry Pi is about 3.37" x 2.21". There's no direct competition between the two on the pricing front. Raspberry Pi retails for $25-$35 but it's got its own limitations in terms of power and ARM architecture.

intel-minnowboard-max

The Minnowboard Max runs on Atom E38xx Series SoC [E3815, single core, 1.46 GHz] & [E3825, dual-core, 1.33 GHz] and integrated Intel HD Graphics. Users get to choose from 1GB or 2GB DDR3 RAM available for $99 and $129 respectively. There are multiple I/O options including 1 Micro SD, 1 SATA2 3Gbps , 1 USB 3.0 (host), 1 USB 2.0 (host), 1 Serial Debug, 10/100/1000 Ethernet. The thermal operating range of the board is 0 to 70 degrees and the board will need 5V DC supply. The board supports Debian GNU/Linux, Yocto Project and Android 4.4 operating systems.

The goal of the board isn't to compete with the Raspberry Pi but to create its own space in the DIY markets. Both the $99 and $129 versions will be available at launch. Check out more about the board on the source link below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Critical Temperature: It is temperature at (and above which) a gas/ vapor cannot be liquified no matter how much pressure is applied to it. Critical Pressure: It is the pressure...
I had an opportunity to watch the 4K Ultra-HDTV at a Sony showroom and was fairly impressed by the quality of the display. Samsung recently announced 4K Monitors in the...
hi... i need some career advice. I have received offers for CTS infrastructure and IBM infra services.... Should i join this or wait for a testing or development job?? I...
Now i am working at good software company(mid-small sized), got placed through college campus interview,The company has 2 years bond period and , 1.2 years is now remaining,I got 2.1...
2kg of Water at 1 atm boils in 30 minutes. Find the rate of heat transfer to the water. The answer should be -(2kg)*334.5(KJ/Kg)/(30*60s)=0.3716KW Is the solution correct? The given...