Minimum Safety Features To Be Made Compulsory In All Cars

Less than an year ago, Top Indian Small Cars Fail NCAP Crash Tests Miserably - Not Road Safe., a UK watchdog for car safety. On Tuesday, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that it will be mandatory to have minimum safety features for all cars, including the ones on the lower end of the price scale. In a few days, the CMVR-TCS, the apex advisory committee to the Road Transport Ministry will review these minimum safety features.

IndianCarscrash1โ€‹

Gadkari's announcement came as a response to a question about the automobile manufacturers' opposition to installing basic safety features citing a 30% hike in price. The basic features include: airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake distribution, electronic stability control, seat belt reminder and child lock functionality check.

The final standards will be released under Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Programme (BNVSAP), they will be mandatory for new car models from October 2017 and for the existing models from October 2018. Until then, these standards are expected to be voluntarily followed. These standards will culminate into a star-rating system for cars. Such system is currently being followed in Europe.

What do you think should be critical safety features in a car? Write to us in comments.

Have a happy and safe new year!

Replies

• Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    oh ! This was the reason behind hike.
    But one thing i am not understanding that why this 30 % though related firm needs to manage this.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Less an year ago, Top Indian Small Cars Fail NCAP Crash Tests Miserably - Not Road Safe., a UK watchdog for car safety. On Tuesday, Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari announced that it will be mandatory to have minimum safety features for all cars, including the ones on the lower end of the price scale. In a few days, the CMVR-TCS, the apex advisory committee to the Road Transport Ministry will review these minimum safety features.

IndianCarscrash1โ€‹

Gadkari's announcement came as a response to a question about the automobile manufacturers' opposition to installing basic safety features citing a 30% hike in price. The basic features include: airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake distribution, electronic stability control, seat belt reminder and child lock functionality check.

The final standards will be released under Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Programme (BNVSAP), they will be mandatory for new car models from October 2017 and for the existing models from October 2018. Until then, these standards are expected to be voluntarily followed. These standards will culminate into a star-rating system for cars. Such system is currently being followed in Europe.

What do you think should be critical safety features in a car? Write to us in comments.

Have a happy and safe new year!
    I am able to recall one of the episodes from "Saytamev Jayate" on Road Safety this season. I was shocked to know that our country's Motor Vehicle rules are so lenient that installation of safety featured listed in your article are not mandatory while manufacturing a car!!

Another exceptional thing I knew, transport departments are not even initiating a drive to make public awareness about these safety features. The cost of installation of these equipment would never ever more than a person's life.

So, I would like to request the readers of this page, not to wait for some rules to be amended, but to go ahead installing all features in your vehicles which makes your drive a safer one!! Also, requesting everyone out here to let people aware of these safety features. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

We can watch the "Satyamev Jayate" Road Safety episode clicking at the below link
    (If you have not seen it yet. Many other rules you will surely come to know after watching this. I would prefer you should go ahead watching this.)
    www.satyamevjayate.in
    or

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A welcome move. Safety first!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Does the existence of only one condition which is CIRCULAR WAIT ,neccesarily implies that there exists deadlock within a system?
So, I am quite on schedule with my App Shadow Artist for Intel Real Sense Challenge this year. The App is built upon the awesome animation engine I created last...
A disappointing news for all the middle-class folks ๐Ÿ˜’ who dream of owning beautiful machine. The official on-road price of Kawasaki Ninja H2 in India is Rs. 32.8 Lakh, which...
The hackers collective, Lizard Squad who took responsibility for disrupting gaming console online services Xbox Live and PlayStation Network debuted a DDoS attack-for-hire service that quickly went offline within days...
I am old and old fashioned. Language means precision in communication. Sir Ernest Gower's "Complete Plain Words" is a bible for me. Commercial, management and advertisement jargon makes me, a...