Minimum Depth for laying foundation

If hard rock is found at a shallw depth say about 1.2 to 1.5m from Ground Level and a 60m hhigh building is to be constructed, then is the depth of 1.2 to 1.5 m for laying the foundation enough?

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    No. Not sufficient. Even though you have a rock at 1.2m this shallow depth its not sufficient to hold the 60m height high rise structure. You have to validate the complete soil profile below the earth, up to min of 10% of its height.

I thought we have to excavate at least 3m depth.
  • gopaldeshpande
    gopaldeshpande
    Thankyou.
  • Naseeruddin4
    Naseeruddin4
    KSS manian
    No. Not sufficient. Even though you have a rock at 1.2m this shallow depth its not sufficient to hold the 60m height high rise structure. You have to validate the complete soil profile below the earth, up to min of 10% of its height.

I thought we have to excavate at least 3m depth.
    Plz give the refrence 10 per
  • Naseeruddin4
    Naseeruddin4
    Naseeruddin4
    Plz give the refrence 10 per
    I heard 1/6 height of building

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of website owners are facing the issue that whenever they use Facebook like button, when the article link gets shared on their walls/timelines, the wrong image gets picked...
Yep! You heard it right. Telecom Partner MTS has launched a new smartphone in India- Blaze 5.0 with an offer which gives 100,000 MB (97.65 GB) of free data for...
With the emerging trend of wearable technology, companies like Samsung are continuously looking to iterate upon existing technology and improve them. Samsung’s recent patent shows that Samsung aims to develop...
Hello everyone. 😀 I need some help here. I've just completed 1st year(2nd sem) of mechanical engineering, and I was thinking about preparing for GATE. So, I want some suggestion...
Here is some news that might offer some respite for people with Type-1 diabetes. Boston University's researchers have 'bionic' pancreas that automatically regulate blood glucose level. People with type 1...