Mini project to identify water level of a river & send warning

Sir,I am going to make a system for my mini project to identify water level of a river and if it is going to overflow ;send a warning message to the people who live near by the river.So; I thought to do this as an android app.And as I thought ;It needs to something like a sensor to identify the water level.So;sir I hope to your guidance.Specially I want to know when I send messages to that area people ;whether I must use a database or another way like twitter.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# . You're in super-high demand, sire! 😀
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Water level Sensors are of two types touchless and one that needs to be submerged in water:
    1) Ultrasound Sensor is a touchless one, is a good choice. You can go for it.
    Or you can build your own sensor.
    You can take some idea from my video:

#-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    For sending message you can use ThingsSpeak/IFTTT cloud services. GSM/GPRS etc were grandfather's tech IMO!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the difference between clock and crystal frequency?
Happy childrens day ​
Hey, guys anyone aware about MCML technologies In vlsi field...
CrazyEngineers was born on 26 November 2005; and we'll have our 9th Anniversary on 26th November 2014. From being a hobby website to become a full fledged venture; CrazyEngineers's come...
Few months ago, we informed you about a report that claimed that fake cell phone towers in the United States were eavesdropping on people’s cell phones. While these claims are...