MindRDR Allows Users To Take Photo Using Their Brain Only

Taking a picture by just staring might sound like science fiction, but not anymore. Folks over at U.K. based startup 'This Place' have developed an open source app called MindRDR (pronounced as mind reader), which lets users control Google Glass using your mind! This app not only allows users to take photos but also allows you to share them instantaneously. To do this, users need to grab a MindWave EEG headset (priced at $79.99) from Neurosky, which is an additional sensor that translates brain activity into commands.

The photo taking process is completed with the help of visual feedback. A horizontal line hovers across the centre of the screen and moves upwards as the user concentrates harder. Google Glass takes a photo when the line reaches the top of the screen. Meanwhile if the user relaxes, the line moves further down the screen. After taking the photo, users have to decide whether to discard it (by relaxing, hence moving the line to the bottom), or share it via Twitter or Facebook (by concentrating again and moving the line to the top).

mindrdr-screenshot

While talking about MindRDR, Dusan Hamlin (founder and CEO of This Place) said that in the future this app might help folks with conditions like locked-in syndrome, severe multiple sclerosis or quadriplegia the opportunity to interact with the world. Also they are hoping to somehow build the sensor directly into Google Glass, making additional purchases unnecessary.

You can download MindRDR at #-Link-Snipped-#.

Source: MindRDR

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was wondering whether there are any mechanisms available to boost the download speeds on mobile phones. There's software like 'Connectify Dispatch' that combines all your accessible Internet connections into...
Hi friends i am MCA fresher,my final exam is just over and i looking for job in IT field at this stage i am confuse should i go for development...
Hello everyone! Myself Pratheesh doing my pre final year electrical..
on intelligent street lightining using zigbee.please help me out.