Microwave heating on industrial scale.

is microwave heating economical in processing a batch of around 5000 kg batch.??? i read that microwave heating ll be very efficient in mono-sulfonation of naphthalene...ll it be industrially economical.....

Replies

• Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    The installation cost may be high, but overall, it is competitive when we talk about cost. In conventional methods, energy is dissipated in many ways. moreover, microwave heating is faster, give better yield and high quality products.
  • Garvit Garg
    Garvit Garg
    do industries use it for 5000 kg or bigger batch..?? any idea..?? saw some microwave heaters for continuous process....but not sure about batch processes....
  • Neda Hashmi
    Neda Hashmi
    I am not sure. But according to what I think logically, its not possible. and if done, will not fetch desired result. Every EMR has its own penetration limit. no matter how much electric power you use. it still won't be able to penetrate a 5000kg batch. and even if it does, there will be so many hot and cold spot that it will not be economical.
    So continuous flow is a better option for 5000kg batch.
    Batch process works well for kitchen purpose but can't say for 5000kg.
  • Garvit Garg
    Garvit Garg
    thanks a lot....if i ll be able to conclude anything, than ll surely post it....😀
  • Victor Anni
    Victor Anni
    What about causing the microwaves to heat something else which can later transfer the heat at a study state to the material under heating without any significant heat lose ...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A year ago, when i was in college, almost every branch were having certification course like SAP, autoCAD, MATLAB, embedded system etc, organised by training cell of our college which...
The Indian Space Research Organisation aka ISRO created history this morning in the deep space, when most of you were in deep sleep. At 4.17 AM today, the Mars spacecraft...
Infosys' new CEO, Mr. Vishal Sikka understands the basic needs of humans: Facebook, Twitter, Food, Shelter, Clothing and maybe a cubicle. In order to bring a positive change to company's...
This 4chan thread is going viral: https://archive.today/uO2U1 It talks about how Indians are bad in programming, internet etiquette etc. It also raises discussions that Indians posting on Stack Overflow etc...
So ISRO's been successful in putting a satellite around Mars with an aim to study the Red Planet. Though I think it's an incredible achievement; I haven't got the answer...