Microsoft's LiveLoop Acquisition To Make PowerPoint Sharing & Editing Easier

Microsoft has been on an acquisition spree ever since the beginning of 2015. In January, it acquired 'Equivio', the provider of machine learning technologies and another startup named 'Revolution Analytics' that dealt with big data. Later in February, the tech-giant acquired 'Sunrise', the creator of an innovative calendar app for mobile devices and n e-mail client named 'Acompli'. Now the news has it that Microsoft is acquiring a startup named LiveLoop that deals with sharing presentation online using a easy-to-use web app. It seems that Microsoft Office Online is soon going to get an interesting new feature for PowerPoint users.

The LiveLoop web app could be used for converting PowerPoint presentations into an online format that can be accessed from any web browser or even any smartphone, so that users don't need to use a separate program like WebEx or GoToMeeting just to walk through five slides with the team. With LiveLoop, users can send out a link to their colleagues before a meeting, click "Start Presenting" to take control of the document and synchronize everyone to the same slide, and collect feedback and comments at any time. There is a provision for making changes to an ongoing presentation in real-time so that others can see it without even having to refresh their page.

microsoft-liveloop-acquisition

Microsoft has not yet revealed the details about the exact acquisition amount that it spent to acquire LiveLoop. Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella seems to be keen on getting productive tools developed by startups under his company's roof. LiveLoop's first product is going to gel well with the meeting and collaboration software and services that Microsoft is installing on its new Surface Hub videoconferencing system.

What do you think about the latest Microsoft LiveLoop acquisition? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Microsoft buys Office collaboration tool maker LiveLoop: Sources | ZDNET

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys , I am Vidit , student of Computer Science , currently in 6th sem.. my GPA in BE is 6.6 and i have scored 80 % in X...
One of the best graphic designers of all time, Massimo Vignelli. Here is his interview. Check it out: https://www.fastcodesign.com/3044133...ic-design-legend-massimo-vignelli?partner=rss
Hello everyone, I would like to have some information regarding summer training programmes in Cse after 4th sem. Is it necessary? or should we focus on learning languages? And if...
RailTiffin is a food & beverage company founded in the year 2014 by Piyush Bothra and Harshit Jain. RailTiffin is a small attempt towards making the quintessential train journeys in...
can anyone say me how to put messag in crazy engineers....