Microsoft Yammer Update For iOS And Android To Boost Productivity In Teams

After acquiring Yammer a couple of years back, Microsoft has been updating it for both Android and iOS platforms to make it more & more useful in team collaboration. In the recent times, Yammer app saw significant enhancements with the arrival of profile & group viewing, message translation as well as improved notifications panel and improved search. In the latest update, Microsoft brings the new Yammer for iOS 8 & OS X Yosemite so that it could work seamlessly across multiple Apple devices you own. That means you can use Yammer on your Mac, iPhone or iPad with the swipe of a hand.

Another great news is that Yammer is now available for Android Wear devices. So if you own an Android Wear device, be it Samsung Gear, Sony Smartwatch, Moto 360 or Asus ZenWatch, you can access Microsoft's Yammer app from it. On the android wear smartwatch, users can read and like messages from your team and also reply using voice commands. To enable this feature, all you need to do is install Yammer on your Android OS running smartphone and pair with the smartwatch.

microsoft-yammer-update-version-2

Apart from these major improvements, the latest Yammer update brings interactive notifications so that users can like a message directly from the notifications panel. There's also a facility that lights up the LED on the user's Android phone to indicate that a new notification has arrived. Other than that, a new share functionality lets users share links or photos directly from Google Chrome or Apple's Safari and other apps.

How has your experience with Yammer so far been? Does the latest update make you happy? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple seems to be working on a 'search platform supporting hundreds of millions of users'. At least, that's what it says in one of the job positions on its job...
A lot of businesses are adopting whatsapp to do business. In the last 2 months, I've had at least 3 people asked me for my 'whatsapp number' (that's regular phone...
i am using sinaprog with atmel studio 6.2 and using atmega 8535 whenever i connect the usb in my pc it shows "can't find programmer" but whenever it is connected...
Breaking barriers and limits to the reach, a team of researchers from University College London (UCL) have come up with a method that could process fibre optic signals such that...
Popular consumer battery manufacturer, Energizer has announced their new range of AA and AAA batteries which are made out of recycled batteries. The Energizer EcoAdvanced battery is the world’s first...