Microsoft Working On A New Browser Which Is Not The Internet Explorer

The much awaitedWindows 10 Overview: The Old's The New NewOS will probably feature a brand new browser which is not the Internet Explorer. The new browser, codenamed 'Spartan' looks and feels as more of a cross between Chrome and Firefox. 'Spartan' is definitely not IE 12 (so far) but is a new, more lightweight browser which will be shipped with Windows 10. Microsoft will be revealing the next set of Windows 10 features on January 21 at Redmond. However, the new browser is unlikely to be made public given its current development status.

Windows-10-Overviewโ€‹

Spartan will use Microsoft's Chakra JavaScript Engine (which was introduced in IE 9) and will also use the Trident rendering engine (aka MSHTML). Also, Microsoft is developing 2 different versions of the Trident layout engine corroborating to the fact that there are two new browsers in the offing. The new browser will also support extensions, just like Chrome and Firefox.

Microsoft Windows 10 desktop version will ship both the browsers; IE 11 will be included for situations where backward-compatibility is desired. Spartan will be made available for Windows 10 mobile (and tablet) versions too. There is no news for Spartan to be made available for non-Windows operating systems. However, with Microsoft porting many of its applications to other platforms, such a possibility cannot be overruled in the future.

Source: Microsoft is building a new browser as part of its Windows 10 push | ZDNET

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope it won't be IE wrapped inside a new UI. For whatever reasons, Microsoft couldn't get the browser thing right for ages (since the days of IE6). But IE9 showed promise that Microsoft is actually serious about solving the problem. I hope they do a good job this time. All the best, Microsoft!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's the one thing the company has been most criticized for. I hope they know their ingredients and get the recipe right. As Biggie pointed out above, only garnishing won't do.
  • Bhargav P A
    Bhargav P A
    Internet Explorer is the only savior to download Chrome or Firefox in a new fresh system.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BugClipper is a privately held Computer Software company founded by Puneet Sharma and Narendra Kumar in the year 2013. BugClipper specializes in Mobile Testing, Bug Tracking, iOS, Android and Web...
I've been following DSLR updates and have read that at the CES 2015, Nikon will announce touch-screen enabled DSLR cameras (maybe Nikon D5500). Then I read a few comments saying...
OPPO R5 has been officially announced in India with a price tag of Rs. 29990. The phone will be available for pre-orders starting January 1, 2015. We discussed the specs...
Here's what each one of you is secretly asking - True Or Not True?
Hi Everyone!! Name:Koushal Patel , best known as KP among friends!! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ Engineering Trade:Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Location: Mumbai Occupation: Software Engineer Work Experience: Since Jan 2013 - 2 years...