Microsoft Updates Nokia 105 With Dual-SIM

Remember the time when Nokia used to make durable feature phones for the masses? We do and so do the adoptive parents of the Finnish company. Microsoft, for the first time in history has decided to launch the second generation of a feature phone with the new Nokia 105. The most important addition to the “new Nokia 105” (as Microsoft likes to call it) is support for two SIM cards. You can also buy a single SIM variant of the updated model as well. For the sake of clarity let’s proceed by christening the recent launch as Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.)

Nokia 105 1

The Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) sports a 1.4 inch (128 x 128 pixels) LCD transmissive RGB stripe display. Underneath the hood we get a 104 MHz single core processor with 4MB of RAM. The Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) is now able to store 2000 contacts which is four times the capacity of the old Nokia 105. Since the Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) is most likely to be used as a backup phone for the smartphone savvy generation, Microsoft has powered the feature phone with a 800mAh BL-5CB battery that is claimed to last for 35 days on standby and offer 15 hours of talk time. Microsoft has stuck with the clever principle of adding micro-SIM compatible slots on the Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) which make sure that you can use your existing smartphone compliant SIM on it in case of an emergency. You can also replenish the battery of the Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) with the help of your smartphone’s micro-USB charger. The biggest problem with these cheap and cheerful phones is that manufacturers in a bid to reduce costs skimp on providing quality components. The Redmond tech giant has addressed these concerns by putting in an ear piece that is 20% louder than the older one. The company also claims that the Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) offers much better call quality than its competitors.

Nokia 105 2

Other additions to the Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) include a 3.5mm jack, a built-in flashlight and two free games (Bubble Bash 2 and Snake Xenzia). The Nokia 105 (2nd Gen.) measures 108.5 x 45.5 x 14.1mm and will be sold in cyan, black and white colour variants in single and dual SIM models from the this month at prices starting at $20 (Rs. 1277).

For further reading you can visit #-Link-Snipped-# and the #-Link-Snipped-# product pages and read their launch announcement on the #-Link-Snipped-# blog.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you haven't updated your Skype application today, you should do it right now. Especially, if you are using Skype on Windows, Android or iOS platforms; Skype will crash if...
hi sir.. i have just done with my last sem engineering exam.I am from electronics and telecommunications stream.I am intrested in software development.I have now taken admission in an institute...
Hi everyone, I am an ECE graduate from 2014 batch. I am currently working in IT industry from last 10 months. But I am intensely frustated and not at all...
Anybody with a clear and concise definition of Engine Load?
Just watch the video of new cross platform virtual assistant Hound buy the makers of Sound Hound. * https://www.soundhound.com/hound What is your next move Google Now/SIRI. For the record I...