Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard Features Ultra-thin, Lightweight Design

If you are a frequent traveler who uses a tablet computer extensively for work or just love to operate the smartphone on the go for blogging and accessing social media and have found it annoying to type in the crammed-up on-screen keyboard, well, the new Microsoft designed Universal Foldable Keyboard may be the right product for you. The bluetooth-enabled keyboard works with all Android devices, Windows Phones and tablets as well as iOS powered iPhones and iPads. It's the design that has been rethought while launching a portable keyboard. Microsoft researchers have brought an ultra-thin and super compact design to the tablet with the new foldable keyboard.

We all have one time or the other found that typing on the small touch screen keyboard gets uncomfortable if you are typing in a lot of content. Not only is it slow, but it's also prone to typing mistakes and editing the text is a hassle. As smartphones and tablets get thinner by the day, here is a product from Microsoft that's not only incredibly thin at 11.5 mm thickness when folded (and just 5mm thin when opened), but also really lightweight. The built-in rechargeable battery is said to last about three months in use on a single charge.

microsoft-universal-foldable-keyboard-launched-1 ​

Thanks to Bluetooth pairing, the Foldable Keyboard gets set up two any device in seconds and what we really love is the fact that if the user pairs the keyboard with any combination of two compatible devices, he can quickly switch between them with one touch. Last but not the least on the feature highlights list is the durable design. The keyboard is designed to be spill-resistant, hence you won't have to panic if you spill the coffee on it on your next round of meeting over gadgets.

microsoft-universal-foldable-keyboard-launched-2 ​

Microsoft has set the price of the Universal Foldable Keyboard at $99.95 (approx. Rs. 6,200) and would be available for buying by July 2015 via the #-Link-Snipped-# and various other retailers. Take a look at the following video to see the foldable keyboard in action -

​
What are your thoughts on the all new Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard? Share with us in comments below.
​
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    definitely want to try this
  • Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Karthikeyan jaisankar
    Attractive!!! would be better had it been cheaper πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
  • Suneet Chaudhary
    Suneet Chaudhary
    NICE
  • Coral Jain
    Coral Jain
    It does seem to be a fascinating gadget. However, there are some cons associated with the product. You are bound to use it over a solid and flat surface. Hence it you are travelling in a local buse/train, you may find it challenging to move your fingers over the pad. Secondly, there is a magnetic strip running in the middle of the keyboard which can puzzle a typist, especially an expert one. Overall, the product is only of use for emergency purposes. Resetting the product to lower prices will do justice.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While designing a backpacking tent which involves bending of poles, which beam formula should I use? Straight beam or curved beam?
may i get your opinion about this topic??????
sir i have passed b.tech(cse) and now i want become software developer engineer.but i have little knowledge about programming.i have also joined c,c++,java coaching center. so sir ple guide me.can...
After launching Xolo 600 Club earlier this month, the Indian mobile manufacturer has now unveiled a new smartphone named- Xolo Q1001. The smartphone is a part of company’s Qcore-series, which...
Hi, I am having around 9 years of experience which includes manual testing and automation testing using qtp/uft. i would like to change my career to BI/Informatica. Please do suggest.