Microsoft OneClip : Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V on Steroids

Just came to know about a cross-platform clipboard being developed by Microsoft, and it's called OneClip. The tool will make it easy for the user to copy stuff on any device and then paste it on any device of his/her choice. It's like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on steroids that goes beyond the physical boundaries of the devices.

The tool is expected to run on all the popular operating systems like Windows, OSX, Android, iOS and I'd guess even Blackberry. I'm wondering why didn't anyone think about this before? With a lot of developers running around to search for kick-ass innovative ideas; I think a cross platform clipboard is a clear winner; and boy, Microsoft's getting it right under Satya Nadella.

I'm not sure if OneClip will work only with text. Let's hope that they release it soon.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TVF aka The Viral Fever will be airing the episodes of 'Pitchers' - a show focused on how engineers working in different companies quit their jobs and start a startup....
Mam . I am Vipin studying in b'tech. In 7th Sam of mechanical engineering. Mam tell me about irse exam. And how I can apply this form.
With the grand success of CrazyEngineers T-Shirts, we've decided to launch polo / collared t-shirts for all our CEans. We'd also be looking at launching the last year's design in...
If you have completed your MCA/ Engineering degree or currently pursuing your 7/8th Semester & haven't been placed yet , Do not worry HCL TalentCare Young Engineer Program aka YEP...
Also known as 'Fortress on Wheels' for its ability to provide high level of protection to the rider, the highly exclusive Mercedes Benz S600 Guard has arrived in India. Labeled...