Microsoft Mobile Launches Nokia X2: Features, Tech Specs And Price Detailed

Once Microsoft - Nokia Acquisition : Is It The Game Plan To Fight Apple & Google? we thought that Nokia’s Android mission had come to an end but our speculations were proven wrong today as Microsoft Mobile unveiled #-Link-Snipped-#. The Nokia X2 is a spectacular improvement over the With Nokia X, X+ & XL, Nokia Finally Embraces Android At Affordable Prices from the company. The #-Link-Snipped-# has a 4.3inch LCD display with WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution. Apart from Nokia’s ClearBlack technology the screen is laced with display features like brightness control, tactile feedback, orientation sensor, Nokia Glance screen, scratch resistant glass and double-tap to wake. Microsoft Mobile has given the Nokia X2 an ambient light sensor that was missing the last time. Microsoft has also added the transparent glass cover that was found previously on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Nokia X2 Dual SIM 3
When you go underneath the hood things get even better. You have a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor along with 1GB of RAM running Nokia X software platform 2.0. Previous Nokia X family models had a maximum of 768MB of RAM and were powered by a 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8225 processor. Including a bigger RAM and a powerful processor will address the performance issues that plagued the previous models. The only thing we do not know now is that whether Microsoft has stuck on the forked version Android 4.1 or has it updated to Android 4.4 (KitKat).

Nokia X2 Dual SIM 5

Microsoft has also taken care of smaller issues too. For example, in order to reduce the confusion associated with the complicated single back button that was also used to go to the home screen it has introduced two capacitive buttons one for home and another one for back. Next the rear 5MP camera with LED flash has now been given the capability to record 720p HD videos at 30fps. The previous models could only record FWVGA (864 x 480) resolution videos. The Nokia X2 can also playback more video formats like 3G2, 3GP, MP4, AVI, M4V, Matroska (MKV). Windows Phone enthusiasts will be flabbergasted to know that this phone has got native MKV format support. Even with Windows Phone 8.1 update Lumia cannot play MKV files, they have to use a third party paid app for that. The only thing that has been left out in the press release and product is that whether it can play full HD videos or not. The selfie crazed generation though might be disappointed to find the VGA sensor on the front.

Nokia X2 Dual SIM 6

Connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, Wi-Fi and 3G. Since this is a Nokia smartphone users get free offline HERE Maps with multiple location technologies and 7GB of free cloud storage. Just as the previous Nokia X family members this one too has a 4GB internal memory and the option to expand that storage to up to 32GB with help of microSD cards. The Nokia X2 is powered by a 3.8V 1800mAh BV-5S that is claimed by the company to last for 32days even when the Dual SIM capability is active. The phone will let you talk for 13 hours on a single charge.

Nokia X2 Dual SIM 7

The Nokia X2 will be available immediately in select countries globally in glossy green, orange and black variants. Glossy yellow, white and matt dark grey versions will be available at a later date. Nokia X2 comes with a price tag of €99 which is the equivalent to 8,102 INR. So here in India we can expect the phone’s price to hover around Rs. 9000.

Nokia X2 Dual SIM 4

So has the new phone managed to excite you? Let us know in the comment section below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks quite impressive to me. For someone who is a fan of both - android and nokia, this looks like a strong choice.
    Waiting for your thoughts on this #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    After a while (around 3 months) I am impressed by a Android phone, last I impressed by MOTO E.. 😁, and surprisingly it is from NOKIA.

This phone has everything I need, a nice processor, 4 Gb internal memory, 5 MP camera, Nokia's Super powered HERE maps, and on top of that I am always a big fan of Nokia's battery. I am sure this one will not disappointment me either.

With the price range of 8000-9000 INR I would strongly recommend it, and sure it will give a tougher fight to MOTO E.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone here using the Nokia X2? Any reviews to share?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The South Korean giant has announced that its new flagship smartphone - LG G3 will be ready for global debut from 27th of June. The new phone will first be...
Google has ventured into the domain registration service industry by launching its Google Domains service. Just like other players in the industry such as GoDaddy and BigRock, Google’s service will...
According to Top500, Tianhe-2 or TH-2 has retained its world’s No.1 position as a fastest supercomputer for the third consecutive time. It was developed by China’s National University of Defense...
When it comes to headphones, you can either go with those bulky headphones or you can use those small, tangled, easy to carry headphones. Or you can go with Earin-...
Robotics enthusiasts all over the world are trying to build robots that understand your commands spoken in natural language and perform accordingly. The only drawback of using 'language parsing' techniques...