Microsoft Lumia 540: Dual SIM Smartphone With 5-Inch HD Display

Microsoft Mobile has upgraded its flagship- Lumia series by launching new dual SIM smartphone called ‘Lumia 540’. Like Samsung's Galaxy portfolio, the company is moving further up the ladder by launching the smartphones in different categories. With similar looks, colour options and unusual naming, the Lumia handsets are pretty confusing to describe sometimes. Lumia 540 will be available in the IMEA and APAC regions including Italy from early next month with a price-tag of $149 (approx. Rs 9300). The colour options include cyan, orange, white and matte black.

Microsoft-Lumia-540

Lumia 540 with 5-inch HD display houses quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor that has clock speed of 1.2 GHz. The IPS LCD display renders screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with aspect ratio of 16:9 and pixel density of 294 pixels-per-inch (PPI) for getting clear view of images and videos. Running on Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim operating system, it is powered by 2200 mAh battery. Users can upgrade the OS to Windows 10 in future (maybe later this year). The removable battery offers maximum standby time (with dual SIM) of 24 days and talk time (3G) of about 14.8 hours. There is an 8 MP auto focus snapper on its rear side with LED flash support and 1/4 inch sensor size. Lumia 540 sports 5 MP wide angle front-facing camera. Both front and rear camera can record FWVGA video with a resolution of 848 x 480 pixels.

Microsoft-Lumia-540-Image

Talking about the memory, Lumia 540 packs 1 GB RAM and 8 GB onboard storage. And, of course it comes with 30 GB of free OneDrive cloud storage like other Lumia smartphones. The external memory can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. The 9.35 mm thick glossy layered handset is 144 mm in length and 73.69 mm in width. It weighs 152 g. The connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, EGPRS, et al. The sensors such as Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer and Proximity sensor along with operating keys like volume keys and Power/Lock key are also provided.

What are your thoughts about the new Lumia smartphone? Share with us in the comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jay709
    Jay709
    It looks like a really nice device. I wish they had more apps and games available. Will it receive Windows Phone 10 update?
  • Sharvari Panchbhai
    Sharvari Panchbhai
    Jay709
    It looks like a really nice device. I wish they had more apps and games available. Will it receive Windows Phone 10 update?
    Yes, the smartphone will get Windows 10 update later this year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Poland-based OGLE’s (Optical Gravitational Lensing Experiment) Warsaw Telescope is placed at the Las Campanas Observatory in Chile. The 1.3 m earthbound Telescope examines the space for finding undiscovered planets of...
Encouraging tooth brushing habits in kids is a hard job. Even if you somehow coax them into brushing their teeth twice a day, you aren’t particularly sure if they are...
Law enforcement and cyber firms across the world joined hands to take down a notorious botnet that had managed to infect 770,000 computers across the world. The botnet titled Simda...
There are moments in life when you do want to go back in time just to alter something! Well I have literally watched all the videos that I could locate...
Hi Everyone, I see so many posts here by fresh engg. graduates about software testing vs development career career related questions. This post is just about my perspective of both...