Microsoft’s Smartwatch Will Have A Heart Rate Monitor & Work On All Smartphone Platforms

Ever since electronics giants like Samsung and Sony have fielded their smartwatches in the market, we have been listening to rumours going around the gadget market about a smartwatch from Microsoft. Forbes has been able to substantiate these rumours by unearthing details of the upcoming smartwatch from the Redmond based company. Exclusive: A Microsoft Smartwatch Is Coming published on its website, Microsoft’s offering will have a heart rate monitor that is able to work throughout the day. The watch is supposedly said to resemble Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit and will have a slim full colour touchscreen display about the size of half a stick of gum. The most interesting thing about is the display is that it is located on the inside of the wearer’s wrist. Microsoft thinks that this design feature makes sure that the only the wearer is able to view the notifications.

Microsoft

Another important aspect of this smartwatch is that it will be able to work with not just with Windows Phone devices but also with Android and iOS devices as well. Microsoft has assigned optical engineers, designers and data scientists from its Kinect division to work on the software platform which is able to collect accurate data from the smartwatch sensors and able to give comprehensive data on heart rate and fitness.

While the report has not been able to pinpoint a launch date it says that Microsoft is working at a breakneck speed to deliver the product as soon as this summer. As we wait for more information about the Microsoft smartwatch we would like to know your views about it, especially the placement of the display. Cast your votes in the poll below and state your reasons in the comment section.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    The most important feature rumored is cross platform compatibility. If the Mwatch will come as rumored that will be awesome,

Also, on March 25, 2014 Microsoft had already patented the design titled "#-Link-Snipped-#"; lets see if it can give fight to much awaited Google Smartwatch?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Response to CEoM died over the last few months and we're seeking ideas on how'd you like it to be revived? Our idea that we'd allot points for participation in...
University of California, Berkeley researchers have developed a first of its kind laser sensing technology which is able to remotely sense objects that are 30 feet away (that is 10...
Intex Mobiles has launched a new android smartphone in India today called the "Intex Aqua i5 Mini", a low budget phone with above average features. Sporting a 4.5" IPS FWVGA...
My uncle is starting a television station and wants my help. Being just a final year student in electronics and commutation engineering, I've little to no knowledge about the Equipments...
Digital Projection of Atalanta unveiled this amazing projector recently. With a lamp life of over 20,000 hours and a stunning 12 K Lumen intensity it is streets ahead of competition....