Micromax Launches Micromax Canvas Pep - Specs And Features Out

Micromax seems to be on a launching spree this month. After the launch of Micromax Joy X-1800 And X-1850 Phones Priced At Rs. 699 And Rs. 749 In India and Micromax Bolt A82 Smartphone Unveiled In India this month, they have come out with a new phone, this time from the Canvas series. The phone named Micromax Canvas Pep was silently launched by Micromax on Wednesday. Though it is yet to be listed on its official website, Micromax has assured that phone will available very soon in both online and offline stores.

The Canvas Pep is a dual-sim phone. It has got a display screen of 4.5 inch with resolution of 480x854 pixels. It is powered by 1GB of RAM and runs on a 1.3 GHz quad core processor, the details of which are yet unknown. The speculated internal storage of the phone is 4 GB which can be expanded upto 32 GB using microSD card. It will run on the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. It has got a 5 megapixel rear camera with LED flash (with fixed focus) and a 1.3 megapixel front camera.

micromax_canvas_pep

In the connectivity area, the phone offers Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G, GPRS/ EDGE and Bluetooth options. The battery of the phone is 1700 mAh and considering the small display and limited features, it is expected to deliver upto 210 hours of standby time. On the software side, the phone is expected to come pre-loaded with lock-screen app Start as well as TrueCaller, Saavn, Snapdeal and Opera Mini etc. The phone will be available in Pristine White and Mystic Blue colours. The phone is priced at the budget rate of Rs 5,999.

Most of the phone’s specifications almost match the Bolt A82 which they released this week as well. Unless they release the Android Lollipop update for the phone, it has nothing that similar costing phones do not already offer. Please let us know what your views about the phone are. Share them with us in the comments.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Do we have any engineer here with electronics business / manufacturing experience?

Just wanted to ask what is the thought process of smartphone manufacturer companies to launch these type of phones. Is it just to add a new phone in their repository?

I do not see anything in this phone which will impress me over other Micromax phones 😔
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Agree with the above comment. I think Micromax is in too hurry to launch a new hand set every second day, Despite already having phones with similar specification.
    Now this canvas pep is quite similar to its another model #-Link-Snipped-#.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : BACKGROUND : Disaster management team has the responsibility to help and rescue the stranded persons. In a flood hit area, it may require a long...
Quote: Airbus says that India-based Dynamatic Technologies Ltd. will supply a wing part for its A330 family of aircraft. Under the contract, Dynamatic will source flap-track beams for the Airbus...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT This project elucidates the research and implementation of voice automated mobile robot. The robot is controlled through connected speech input. The language input allows...
Well, I have been highly inactive since long but I look forward to being active again. Been busy a lot with many things and there is too much content on...
Murphy's Law operating with a vengeance. This Trishanku situation is pure hell for the men in black. ​(From Washington Post)