Micromax ❤ Gaana.com To Stream Music To All Its Smart Devices

Micromax has decided in invest in Gaana.com - one of the top music streaming and broadcasting services in India. The details of the investment were not disclosed but the new found love between the two brands will let Micromax smart devices users enjoy Gaana.com service on their smart devices. ToI reports that all the Micromax smartphones will now have Gaana app.

Satyen Gajwani, the CEO of Times Internet which owns Gaana.com said that their brand is already a household name for online music in India. Partnership with Micromax will help them reach out to millions of Micromax users and strengthen its footprint in the country.

It's expected that the Micromax smartphone users will get a free trial of the Gaana+ service - a premium offering from Gaana that lets people enjoy high-quality music streaming without intrusive advertising. Gaana+ users can also download their favorite songs on their mobile phones. Once the trial is over, users can choose to pay to Gaana.com for the premium service or continue using it free of cost with ads-aided streaming. Free offering does not allow the downloading of songs on mobile.

Micromax-Gaana

Mr. Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax said that the company has been integrating best of the services available in India with their hardware platform. The company wants to build an ecosystem of connected devices. The partnership allows them to make Gaana.com's huge database of songs to all its users. Micromax has established similar partnerships with Ixigo, MiMedia and other service providers.

Gaana.com claims to have about 20 million active users of its service through web and mobile interfaces and has seen about 30 million song downloads.

Do check out our existing discussion on: rdio.com Vs. Gaana Vs. Saavn : The Best Online Radio In India?

Source: Gaana gets funds from Micromax - Times of India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found a cool way to turn off Mac's display without putting the computer in sleep mode. Sometimes, I just want my Mac to keep playing music while I'm away...
Most of the developed countries are slowly making progress towards eliminating the human involvement in driving cars. The cars are being made smarter they they can take their own driving...
Dear Friend Now We will start a Discussion about Leak Test. basically helium is widely used as a tracer gas to leak test but it's too costly and non regeneratable....
ABSTRACT The objective of this project is to use our knowledge acquired in Mechanical Engineering by preparing Chainless bicycle by using Gear Tooth -Tooth mechanism. The purpose of using this...
Peter Gasca, entrepreneur and start up consultant says: "Last night, I experienced something rare and amazing. After two busy weeks that resulted in very limited rest, my body, which had...