Micromax Funbook P280 Tablet Appears Online; Offers Android Jelly Bean At Rs. 4,650

Regional smartphone and tablet manufacturer Micromax Informatics Limited has put up its new dirt cheap 7-inch Android Jelly Bean tablet up for sale on its official store. The #-Link-Snipped-# is available at a price of Rs. 4,650. The most amazing thing about this tablet is that the company throws in a keyboard and leather case free of charge. The bundled accessories make it look like the bargain of the century but, is the tablet cheap and cheerful at the same time? Let’s find out the answer by digging more facts about the Funbook P280. The Micromax Funbook P280 sports a 7-inch (17.7 cm) TFT display that has a WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) resolution. Underneath we find a All Winner A13 chipset that houses a 1GHz single-core ARM Cortex A8 processor and 512 MB of DDR3 RAM which are responsible for handling Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS. Multitasking is going to be a problem considering the aforementioned configuration.

Funbook P280 1
Funbook P280 8 Funbook P280 7 Funbook P280 6 Funbook P280 5 Funbook P280 4 Funbook P280 3 Funbook P280 2

As we dive further into the spec list we find that the tablet is unable to make voice calls and it supports 3G connectivity via USB dongles. The Funbook P280 comes with a 0.3 MP front camera. It offers 4 GB of internal memory and the option to expand that storage to up to 32GB by using microSD cards. In terms of connectivity the Funbook P280 misses out on Bluetooth but includes Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity. You also do not get any GPS navigation sensors. The 2400 mAh battery is claimed to offer 250 hours of standby. Overall the tablet seems to offer quite a lot considering the price but its day-to-day performance can only be known once it gets into the hands of the public. Until then post your views about the Funbook P280 in the comment section below.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    This is a dirt cheap device. A steal at this price, and must be a welcome entry for the School-college goers.

Specs are not that impressive, but with this price you can not get better than this as well.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    People will buy it for the "keyboard and leather case" thats being offered in the package at that price. 👍
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Ankita Katdare
    People will buy it for the "keyboard and leather case" thats being offered in the package at that price. 👍
    In other words, tablet is free with leather case and keyboard.... 😁
  • ahmed sarfraz
    ahmed sarfraz
    it will come out to be a base for recent technologies at low cost and student friendly

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most of the engineering students on our community are trying to study for some or the other exam. If you talk around the group you will find that a lot...
It may sound like a science fiction but with the support from National Science Foundation (NSF), Bio-medical engineer Bin He and his team at the University Of Minnesota have created...
hey guys anyone seeing my post please reply.. i couldnt find any place to post my queries or threads. just show me the option where i can post..
On CrazyEngineers, every member can follow other member. We believe we should add more usefulness to the feature. How do you like the idea of receiving a notification / alert...
Microsoft has launched the new Windows Phone 8 called the Nokia Lumia Icon. Priced at $199, the phone will start selling in the U.S. from February 20. Available in black...