Micromax Canvas Tablet P650 - Price, Specs, Features & All You Want To Know

Micromax Mobile, the Indian consumer electronics manufacturer, is here to sizzle the tablet market with a new product called the Micromax Canvas Tablet P650. The smartphone maker has unveiled this all new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Tablet at a price of Rs. 16,500. The Micromax Canvas Tab P650 tablet features an 8-inch IPS display. Bearing the 1.2 GHz quad core processor, the tablet's specs speak of 1 GB of RAM and a 4800 mAh battery. The Android flavor is upgradable through FOTA (Firmware Over The Air). Offering a 16GB internal storage and microSD expansion up to 32GBm, the new Canvas Tab P650 has a lot to be seen on the tech specs list.

There's a 5 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front one. The tablet works on Wi-Fi as well as 3G networks and comes with voice calling facility. Offering five hours of browsing time on 3G, the tablet comes pre-loaded with apps like Spuul, Opera Mini, M! Live, Music Hub and M! Security. There's the feature of multiple video view, look away pause and video pinning. Available in two colors - Blue and White, the looks of the tablet are just about average. Nothing much exciting packed in there.

slide

Commenting on the launch, Rahul Sharma, Micromax co-founder, said, "With Canvas Tab, we are offering Indian consumers a unique combination of superior technology complemented with unmatched style. We aim to extend the Canvas experience to our users on the tablet PCs, supported by an entire eco-system of applications. The Canvas Tab will strengthen our leadership in the tablet PC market complemented with a 360 degree go to market strategy to reach out to the consumers."

Since the Micromax Canvas tablet is the company's official entry into the tablet market, we can expect the launch of many more exciting product launches in the near future. Up until now, Micromax has been launching tablets under its Funbook portfolio. We have told you about the Micromax Funbook and Micromax Funbook Pro Launched For Rs. 9,999; Alpha & Infinity to Arrive Soon. Those were very cheaply priced Android tablets. We will have to wait and watch to see if the new tablet series becomes a great initiative for the company. Let us know your thoughts on the new tablet in comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is being discussed that the Canvas Tab P650 tablet is brought to the market to compete with Apple iPad mini and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (311) - since the display is 8-inch screen. So, I think I really want to what CEans think about this.

For Micromax, the sales for 2012-13 stood at 1.9 million units as against 0.36 million units in 2011-12. Micromax ranks second with 13.33% market share after Samsung with 15.76% in the tablet market in India. 😀 Do consider these numbers, before you comment.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    This is what we are waiting for.A tab with best configuration with justifiable price.Specification looks great and micromax had been climbing to the top at a ramphant phase which can soon be a threat to so called "branded" companies products.
  • srsmanyam
    srsmanyam
    but this will be bad idea to take this,instead you can take SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB-3 which costs around 16K, until unless u r a bad lover of indigenous products!
  • MKHamirwasia
    MKHamirwasia
    srsmanyam
    but this will be bad idea to take this,instead you can take SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB-3 which costs around 16K, until unless u r a bad lover of indigenous products!
    With Canvas, you get an 8" IPS display screen and a more powerful battery! So, it is better to go for the Canvas Tab P650.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BlackBerry Ltd. has unveiled a large screen smartphone at an event in Malaysia on Wednesday. Called the Blackberry Z30, the smartphone features a 5-inch Super AMOLED touch screen (same as...
The camera on your smartphone has got some features that make it sturdy. For example, Sony Xperia flagships like Xperia Z, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z Ultra have all got...
what changes does OCJP certification bring in career of a fresher or employee ? I am jobless these days but i dont think i lacks knowledge in core java ,so...
Your Android phone probably has hardware controls aka buttons for specific functions like volume control and camera shutter, but you must have wished sometime or the other that these buttons...
'Women in Silicon Valley are disrupting the boys club' seems to be the message put out here: https://blog.fora.tv/2013/09/women-i...il&utm_term=0_de23702f3b-04d3fae080-295725241