Micromax Canvas Tabby Is Tablet For Kids With Parental Control

Micromax has announced 'Canvas Tabby' - a tablet specially for your kids. Priced at Rs. 6499, the tablet will be made available exclusively on Flipkart for a period of three weeks before it makes it to all the other online and offline retailers. Micromax probably wants to capture the younger tablet users to make learning fun. Micromax points out that it's the only tablet available in the market with parental control features.

The parental control feature, which is the USP of the Canvas Tabby allows parents to have complete control over the usage of the tablet. It allows parents to limit the time of usage and also keep check on the Internet access.

Micromax has preloaded the tablet with kid-friendly content. The tablet itself can function like a regular Android powered tablet and you can use it to view videos or check your email.

MMX-Canvas-Tabby-India

The inner electronic circuitry boasts of 1.3 GHz processor, 1GB of on-board memory (RAM) and about 8 GB of storage. The tablet has 7" display and is equipped with a 2MP rear camera along with a VGA shooter on the front. Do not expect stunning photographs using the tablet. The tablet is powered by a 3200 mAh battery which should sail it through the day on regular usage. We'd expect the tablet to receive Lollipop in coming days. The tablet ships with Android Kit-Kat 4.4 but we'd expect it to receive Lollipop in the coming weeks.

Micromax has paid special attention the the GUI, with special interface that makes it very easy for the kids to operate it. Do let us know your thoughts on Micromax Canvas Tabby. Do you think it has the potential to create a new product segment aimed at kids?

Source: Micromax launches kid-friendly tablet with parental control feature | Business Standard News

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any programming language required in system and network administration?
A lot of students seem to be complaining that not many core domain companies in mechanical engineering visit for campus placements. I guess they restrict their visits only to top...
Hi. I am a student in Mapua Institute of Technology in the Philippines. I am taking up Computer Engineering. I would just like to ask if you guys know any...
I'm wondering how many of you would like to have two factor authentication on CrazyEngineers? Those who are not aware - it's a system that uses two pieces of information...
The Suvarnabhumi International Airport at Bangkok (Thailand) has topped the list of airports with fastest wi-fi networks. The Internet download speed averaged at 41.45 Mbps at the airport. The study...