Micromax Canvas Spark 2 “India ka 3G phone” Launched At Rs. 3999

Micromax and Snapdeal have partnered to introduce the new budget-smartphone called Canvas Spark 2. Micromax is promoting it as 'India ka 3G phone' as it is priced at a very economical tag of Rs. 3999. This phone is an attempt to help millions of Indians to adopt to a smartphone (especially mobile internet access) without it being too heavy on their pockets. To do this, the phone is packed with 3 crucial features - a large screen, 2G/3G data connectivity and Android OS. There's all that and more, but first details about registration. Booking for the Canvas Spark 2 smartphone begins on 23 September (Wednesday) at 10:00 am.

Micromax Canvas Spark 2
Micromax Canvas Spark 2

Featuring a 5-inch FWVGA IPS display, this smartphone runs on a 1.3 GHz Quad Core processor coupled with 4GB internal memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD. Coming with Android Lollipop 5.1 out of the box, the Micromax Canvas Spark 2 features a 1800 mAh battery that offers up to 324 hours of backup on standby mode. This is Dual SIM phone.

A 5MP FF rear camera and a 2MP FF front camera comes with a variety of functions like the face beauty mode for improving the snaps you click with this phone. On the connectivity front, there's Bluetooth 4.0, USB and Wi-Fi.

An interesting addition is a "Firstouch language solution" that lets users select a regional language of their choice to operate the phone in. Right from clicking pictures to playing songs, the interface would turn into the language of your choice for convenience of use.

Among a plethora of apps that come preloaded with the phone, there's Scandid, Clean Master, Swiftkey, Kindle, Hotstar and of course Snapdeal, so users have a lot already on their phone when they buy it.

Following PM's appeal to all companies to 'Make in India', Micromax claims that a large part of the smartphone has been manufactured in India at a local facility here. Available in just one colour option - 'Black', the Canvas Spark 2 will arrive at a price of Rs. 3999 and come with a charger, earphones, screen protector and a data cable out of the box.

Replies

• Da Vinci
    Da Vinci
    Battery can be a real issue ...........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the battery life has always been a big problem. There are some of the bigger phones available in the market that promise to last about 2-3 days. Just keep the wireless / data connection off and you should be good to go.
  • k harilal
    k harilal
    A mobile with unspecified RAM, 4GB internal memory, and 1800mah battery is a waste.
    Yu Yunique is better.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just in time for the festive season that's just a month away, Intex has unveiled its all new 43-inch LED TV called 'Intex LED-4300' at a price of Rs. 32000....
Hi guys, I am searching for a way to mitigate electricity power theft. I work with an electricity distribution firm. Do you have any ideas?
Quote: I like reading billion-person books. Books, that if read widely, would change a billion lives. I like reading books where I feel my brain have an IQ orgasm. Like,...
Quote: While collecting this short list of engineering disasters, I decided that to qualify as a disaster, an event had to involve loss of life, and the larger the loss...
Can anyone explain difference between graduate apprentice training and graduate engineering trainee?