Micromax Canvas Selfie 2 And 3 Continue The Legacy Of The Original Canvas Selfie

When the Canvas Selfie smartphone was released, the company saw tremendous positive response from the consumers who wanted all the goodies in the specs list - processor, battery and display combined with a powerful front camera. Launched in December 2014, the Micromax Joins The Selfie Battle; Announces Canvas Selfie Smartphone With 13MP Dual Camera came with 13 megapixel dual camera, a 4.7-inch HD IPS display, 1.7GHz octa-core processor, 2GB RAM and 2300 mAh battery, all in a price below Rs. 15,000. Only a month back, the company also brought the Micromax Canvas Selfie Lens Smartphone Hopes To Appeal Selfie Aficionados smartphone featuring Largan Lens and Sony OV sensors.

This time around, the company has continued the legacy and brought the successors to the Canvas Selfie range by launching Canvas Selfie 2 and Canvas Selfie 3. Both smartphones have their own perks. For instance, while the Selfie 2 has above average features and is priced at just Rs. 5999, the Selfie 3 features a Selfie stick which is powered by Bluetooth connectivity. Let's take a look at what each of them has to offer.

Micromax Canvas Selfie runs on Android Lollipop 5.0 OS and is equipped with a 5-inch display with a FWVGA resolution IPS touch screen. Both the rear and front have 5 megapixel cameras and the Face Beauty mode lets the users balance colors, remove skin blemishes and soften complexions to create better photos in real time. Powered by a 1.3 GHz processor, the Selfie 2 packs 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM and a 2000 mAh Li-ion battery. The phone is set to go one sale on Aug 22 through both online & offline retail stores.

Micromax-Canvas-Selfie-3

Micromax Canvas Selfie 3
The other smartphone aka Canvas Selfie 3 comes loaded with 1.3GHz Quad Core Processor and 1GB DDR2 RAM. More powerful than the Selfie 2 in every aspect, the Micromax Canvas Selfie 3 comes with a 4.8 inch HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. There's a 2300 mAh battery under the hood. The rear is adorned with an 8 megapixel camera with Blue Glasses 5P Largan Lens and the front comes with 8 megapixel Sony MX179 camera with LED Flash.

Interestingly, the Selfie 3 comes with a Bluetooth selfie stick so that you can click group selfies with an ease.The phone also sports gesture, panorama, beauty mode, night shot, 78 degrees wide angle selfie, one key shot features etc.

Though the company hasn't yet revealed the pricing or the official release date for Canvas Selfie 3, the press release mentions that it will be out before Raksha Bandhan i.e. last week of August.

Micromax has been penetrating the market quite fast with its interesting range of smartphones. The company has operations in SAARC markets as well as Russia along with over 1,30,000 retail outlets across India.

What are your thoughts about the latest Canvas Selfie smartphones? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kunal Patel and Jack Henkel, Co-Founders of Indienomicon (an Orlando based community of indie game developers) along with Dr. Peter Smith, a UCF Professor have organised the Indie Galactic Space...
Hai friends, I am new to this page, I have completed my Engineering in Electronics and Communication, I want to start a company related to my field in small scale,...
hello sir , my name is ish and completed my BE this year only and wanted to do MS in germany from automobile engineering and completed my BE from same...
Having been through the era of 1.44 MB capacity floppy disks, I have been a loyal fan of USB drives ever since I saw the first one, several years ago....
I am a fresher working in a reputed service based company.I have been trained in application development using ASP.net but now I am deployed as tester in a project.Should I...