Micromax Canvas Knight Cameo A290 Joins Octa-Core Android Family In India

Micromax India has launched a new smartphone titled 'Micromax Canvas Knight Cameo A290' priced at Rs. 11,999, which features a 4.7 inch HD, IPS screen and a 1.4 GHz TRU-Octacore processor. Among other competitors in the Octa-Core smartphone market in India, there are - Panasonic P81 Launched - Features 1.7 GHz Octa Core, 5.5 Inch Screen And Android Jelly Bean, #-Link-Snipped-# priced at Rs. 18,999, Karbonn Unveils Titanium Hexa, Titanium Octane & Octane Plus Android KitKat Smartphones at Rs. 17,990, Micromax Canvas Knight Launched With Octacore Processor and Intex Aqua Octa Features MediaTek MT6592 Octa Core Processor, Priced At Rs. 20,000 In India both at Rs. 20,000. You will notice that compared to its competition, the Canvas Knight Cameo A290 is priced significantly lower. Let us take a look at the smartphone's specs in detail and find out the reason behind the cheap price.

Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, the Micromax Canvas Knight Cameo A290 phone features a 1200 mAh battery that offers a pretty-low 7 hours talk time and its screen's resolution is 1280 x 720 pixel. On the rear end, the phone comes with a 8MP AF camera with flash and autofocus support, whereas the one on the front is a 5MP one. The camera is capable of video recording & playback at 1080 pixel. Among the connectivity needs, the Dual-SIM phone caters to Bluetooth 4.0 , Wi-Fi , USB, a 3.5 mm audio jack and GPS.

micromax-canvas-knight-cameo-A290

On the memory front, the Canvas Knight Cameo packs 1 GB RAM and 8 GB internal memory which is expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card. The memory is coupled with Gravity, Light and Proximity sensors. To lure young users, Micromax has featured some free apps right out-of-the-box with this device, such as - Cube 26, Amazon, BookMyShow, M! Games, M! Insurance, M! Live, M! Pick, M! Security, MAD, Opera mini, Savan, Spuul, Swift Key, True Caller, Yatra, Zaper and other Android games.

That's all about the phone's tech specs and features. Available in black, white and gold color options, the Canvas Knight Cameo A290 can be bought on #-Link-Snipped-# on eBay or on SnapDeal #-Link-Snipped-#. What are your thoughts on the new Android device in town? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I was happy when I started reading the phone specs that something is available in near 12K with amazing Octa Core processor.

As I read it further, my disappointment increased to see battery capacity -1200 mAh . That is not justifiable. The phone would have been a average buy if they would have increased the battery by double with a couple more thousand added to price tag.

However currently it is a BIG NO from me.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Correction* - Actually the battery capacity is 2000mAh.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA's Stardust space probe was launched in 1999, with the primary goal to collect samples of a comet dust and return them to Earth for analysis. But, during the spacecraft’s...
Researchers at the Santa Catarina State University in Brazil have developed a software and hardware solution for your car that is able to detect and warn you when you are...
what is bentonite? and why do we use it in DMC piling?
what will be the effect of back rotation of one centrifugal pump on another pump running in parallel if suction is in vaccum
Soon my colleges r going to start so can u guys tell me some good books for the basics of ECE.......... so that i can have thorough knowledge about the...