Micromax Canvas Hue 2 Features HD AMOLED Screen And 2 GB RAM

Micromax Canvas Hue 2 (A316 model) is the newest entrant on the block. We are looking at a Rs. 11,700 smartphone that is set to compete against the likes of Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG, Sony Xperia E3, HTC Desire 516 as well as Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo, which fall in the same price range. Micromax India seems to be on a spree of launching second iterations of their original smartphones so that the same device can have better specs and are offered at a slightly higher price. For instance, Micromax Canvas Hue AQ5000 was launched at Rs. 9,500 and now we have Canvas Hue 2. Without further adieu, let's get straight to the specifications of this new Android device.

Running on the slightly older Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, Canvas Hue 2 smartphone comes with a 5-inch touch screen with (1280 x 720 pixels) HD resolution AMOLED display. The engine beneath the hood is a 1.7 GHz Quad Core MT6582 processor (same as its elder brother) and there's 2 GB RAM and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 32 GB via microSD). It's the battery that has been axed to 2000 mAh. The talk time offered is 7 hrs and up to 205 hrs on 2G. A 13 megapixel rear auto-focus camera sits comfortably on the rear end and it supports LED flash. On the front side is a 5 megapixel snapper.

Micromax-Canvas-Hue-2-A3161

The Canvas Hue 2 is a Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA) smartphone that offers a 3.5 mm audio jack and support for Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPRS and micro USB. Available in black color, the phone's body is made out of aluminium and is just 7 mm thick. Micromax offers one year manufacturer warranty and 6 months warranty for in the box accessories.

Right now the phone is available for purchase via #-Link-Snipped-#. However, the official site does not list the phone as of now.

The news about the phone came to light when Mahesh Telecom, the electronics goods retailer from Mumbai posted the phone's photo and specs on its official Facebook page.

What are your thoughts about the successor to Canvas Hue? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I have checked out the previous release and can say safely that it has one of the best displays in this price bracket. The phone’s performance is quite good and except for Micromax’s idiocy (replacing Google software updater with a third party one to push ads and infrequent ads) it has decent features for an average phone. The new one does have its share of pitfalls. The original one with 2500mAh battery can last barely for a day on average use and reducing the battery capacity is going to hurt. The KitKat OS on the new Hue will disappoint users of the former because it signals that may not ever get Lollipop update.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With modern navigation & entertainment services at play, every car owner wants the latest system on their four wheeler. Hyundai, the South Korean automaker, has decided to bring an infotainment...
The stairs have been the biggest obstacle and a problem for the wheelchair users; but no more. A group of talented engineering students from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology...
I'm wondering if there is a way to find out products that can be shipped 'in-a-day' on Flipkart? Typically, I've to visit each product page and then see if the...
I've both Flipkart and Amazon apps installed on my Android; and I personally think that the Flipkart's app is more intuitive. All the things I want (except for the user...
Bloodhound SSC engineers achieved yet another milestone towards their goal of achieving the 1000 mph speed on the land. The parachute that will be used to slow down the Bloodhound...