Meet Trips: Upcoming Travel App From Google

Yesterday we talked about how Google was making your life easier at work by Google Calendar Automatically Helps You Find Time For Your Office Meetings. Today we are here to talk about how Google can help you with your leisure. Google is apparently working on a new Android app called Trips that aims to serve as your travel agent for your vacation trips. The Google Trips app works by combining smart features of Google Now with your travel itinerary. Just like the Google Calendar app, the Trips app has been made to work automatically by accessing information from other Google apps such as Gmail. Let us say you have mails about your plane tickets and hotel reservations from your upcoming trip. The Google Trips app will mine for that information and create a travel plan for you on the app. One of the best things about this app is that it lets you download the information offline so you do not have to waste on your precious mobile data when you are aboard.

Google Trips App (5) Google Trips App (1)
Google Trips App (2) Google Trips App (3) Google Trips App (4) Google Trips App (6) Google Trips App (7) Google Trips App (8)
Information about the Google Trips app came into light when a German news blog called Google Trips: testen geheime nieuwe reis-app begonnen [screenshots] stumbled upon screenshots of the Google Trips app. The Google Trips app is currently under beta testing and it has been handed over to the community members of Local Guides which is a crowd sourced platform for local information. While the app trawls in your Gmail account it can also build up your travel plans for the places you visited in the past. If you do not want the Google Trips app to snoop into your Gmail account, you can add the information about your trip manually.

Since Google has access to a huge database of local information, the Trips app becomes handy when you reach your destination. Google suggests not only transportation information it also suggests the things you can do and places you should visit during your trip. As we said earlier all this information is available for you offline. The Google Trips app will come out of beta and into the Play Store sometime later this year.

Source: 9to5google.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Miniaturized microscopes can now peek through the tiny cells and monitor mysterious activities taking place in the spinal cord. The invention played the role of an activity tracker and discovered...
Hello, I am pursuing b.tech in the mechanical field in 2016. But I have interest IT field. I want to join IT companies. But I have a doubt about my...
Home spawned domestic company Lava International has launched two new smartphones, A72 and A76 priced at Rs. 6,499 and Rs. 5,699 respectively. It is expected to be unveiling A89 too...
Hi all, Have you ever used the Idemitsu brand of lubricants in industrial or automotive applications? Is this brand of high quality? Where I am from in the caribbean region...
These recent days I have been thinking a lot about the masterpieces of the Indian film industry (this thought has been intensified when I came across an episode of a...