Meet the most fascinating part of the F-35: The $400,000 helmet

Quote:
The helmet sees through the plane. Or rather it helps the pilot see through the plane. When the pilots look down, they don’t see the floor of the plane; they see the world below them. If the pilots look back, they see the sky behind them. Embedded in the skin of the aircraft are six cameras, and when the pilots move their heads to look in a particular direction, they are actually seeing through the corresponding camera, which sends an image to projectors inside the helmet that beam an image of the outside world on the helmet’s visor.
Endquote

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The supercapacitors are known for their high capacity capacitance values, typically about 10,000 farads @ 1.2v. These are electrochemical capacitors capable of storing 10-100x more energy per unit volume or...
Government of India's novel initiative known as 'Digital India' is an umbrella programme coordinated by DeitY (Department of Electronics and Information Technology), which pulls together many existing schemes and restructures...
If you have scored less than 60% in your graduation, you can apply to the following companies that hire candidates without 60% eligibility criteria.
Dear all, I have completed my Bachelor's in mechanical engineering from Gujarat, India. Now I am planning to pursue my masters in engineering from abroad. Currently studying GRE. Can anyone...
If you binge watched Star Trek at least once and are in love with all the gadgets and technology shown in the world's most popular sci-fi show, well, you know...