MediaTek Brings World's First Dual-Core SoC With Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth & More

MediaTek, the company well-known worldwide for being Taiwan's biggest handset chip designer is now making raves, owing to its latest launch. The MediaTek MT6572, is a next-gen, dual-core smartphone platform and is being proudly called the World's First SoC (System-On-Chip) that has WiFi, FM, Bluetooth and GPS Functions that enables a four-layer PCB design which at the same time is cost-effective. Now this chip being cost-optimized, in near-future we will be able to see a lot of price-cutting in the entry-level smartphones. This speculation is a result of MediaTek promising us to bring this new platform on hundreds of smartphone models, once it is released in June 2013.

slide

Coming to the features of MT6572, the SoC has advanced multi-mode 3D Graphics integrated, support for 720 pixels HD video playback/record and 5 megapixel camera. MediaTek can already foresee that consumers across the globe will have a definite incentive to change their smartphone models - be it Apple, Samsung, HTC or Huawei and ZTE. That said, it won't be long when Merrill Lynch's latest forecast report comes true. They say they are looking at MediaTek's shipments reaching 200 million units in the second quarter of this year and its Q2 revenues would cross 15-20% growth. Let us know your comments below.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Superb.That is quite an achievement.Something to look forward too.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I couldn't study engineering mechanics..so tell some suggestions to study mechanics in easy way....!!!! then,how to understand that subject???
Hello CEans, I'm having some serious doubts about CAT examinations and I'm confused right now.
Friends, How does Track ID works. How they are matching the songs? Which database they are using?
Lots of scope in the field of communication, thanks to the usage of VoIP and other sophisticated techniques. Skype, Viber, Tango, and many other applications have come up with sources...
hello friends, I wrote a c program to perform the substring operation on the string str[100]. This program was to take the position index pos and the number of characters...