Is it better to learn Autocad, CATIA, SolidWorks from First Year

is it better to learn softwares like (autocad,catia,solidworks) from first year of mechanical engineering

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    umang gala
    is it better to learn softwares like (autocad,catia,solidworks) from first year of mechanical engineering
    You can start any time. I don't see any reason for not learning above mentioned software.
  • Sai Nandyala
    Sai Nandyala
    I am from the Aerospace sector and some of the used softwares in my specialization are also used in mechanical branches. The following softwares help a lot:
    1. AutoCAD
    2. SolidWorks
    3. Catia
    4. Ansys
    5. Hypermesh
    7. Pro E
    8. NX CAD/CAM
    9. NASTRAN

Also have a keen knowledge on CFD and Ansys.

I have begun my journey of learning these designing softwares at the age of 15 ( I'm 18 now). I have finished the first 7 of these. I will be learning NX CAD in the coming months. So age or year of education does not really matter as long as you have the interest in it. I know kids 10 years of age who are learning SolidWorks and AutoCAD right now.
  • PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    BEFORE LEARNING DESIGN SOFTWARE,ONE SHOULD HAVE THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF ENGINEERING DRAWING AND DESIGN

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys i need some suggestions on web based technology for mini project.. plz reply asap! Thank you
A lot of computer engineering students, graduates and even working professionals send us email asking for future and scope for java developers and programmers. The main aim of their question...
The Chinese phone maker Xiaomi, popularly known as the the 'Apple' of China, is building the next flagship - Mi5. While the company is closely guarding the hardware and software...
Hi everyone, i hope you all are fine.. I want to know any online electronic components sites having surplus of all components and others related products.. Thanx in advance..
How are the placements at NIELIT Calicut for PG Diploma in Embedded systems ?