MBA Question/Answer: What do people most often criticize about you?

In my recent talks with many engineers pursuing management entrance exams for doing MBA from the reputed colleges of India, I found that they have a common set of questions that need to be answered well in application forms, interviews etc. to become highly eligible for entering a particular B-School. That gave me an idea to start a series of questions that we can find answers to here on CrazyEngineers.

Starting new discussions for every such question. Try to answer this question in such a way that the management faculty find most convincing and shortlist you.

Here's one:
How would you answer this question question: What do people most often criticize about you?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Loner, always does what he wants, always busy, wants to do everything himself and a stick in the mud.

All true I fear.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Wondering if that answer could convince at least 1 of the MBA interview panelists to select you. 😁

People often criticize me for preferring to be out of the limelight. They tell me if you don't take up that mic, pick up that phone call, speak about your strengths, show-off etc. in short do the 'in-limelight' thing, you would perish in this highly competitive market. If I ever say that in a MBA interview, they would definitely label me as non-leader/non-manager material and dismiss me. Hence, I am definitely not applying.
    But this discussion could help so many other MBA aspirants.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Ankita Katdare
    Wondering if that answer could convince at least 1 of the MBA interview panelists to select you.
    Guaranteed to be rejected outright. Fortunately I did not have that problem. My IIT Madras job was the only one that I applied for through an advertisement. All the other four jobs were by offer.
  • Sunny Kichloo
    Sunny Kichloo
    What do people most often criticize about you?

People Criticize me of being lazy sometimes.laziness can be of any type like Becoming Lazy in doing Same work again and again,so always try to get something challenging which can keep you energetic.Obviously if i am seeing i have to give some examples alsoπŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

But i always goes with lazyness i know to some people it will seem odd,But this is who i am.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    I want things to be solved effectively and promptly, but I have learnt that some times it is not in my hands and that it will take longer than I expect!!

😎
  • Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    1) I found my self calm & silent at the situations where i really worked hard but washed of because of ones interference i oftenly criticized for the same to be reactive.
    2)I oftenly criticized (Don't know whether it is crticision or not ) by my friends because while listening to their love story's seriously and giving them solution in between lecture's i raised my hand to ask questions too.
    3) Sometimes I used to give to lengthy answers until unless i won't feel like my message is delivered though they are interested in listening or not so i criticized like " Pakata hai yaar !!" , Perhaps my motive is to deleiver my message.
    Follows :
    1) A bit lazy
    2)Less use of Comb.
    3) Being late at night.
    and so on.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, so far we've got - laziness, impatience, raise questions, stay calm and lengthy answers.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    People say me that,
    I am Egositic
    I am straight forward
    I am deadly honest and rude.
    And I am loner and who always live in a dreamy world, who often speaks out . Only answer to the question and no chatting non-sense. They say that i am more of a Engineer than an IT employee πŸ˜€

Almost all my friends in the current company (been working since 5 y and 10 m) say that i should not be working there πŸ˜€
    Personally, I know how i am and few of Ceans know me as well.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are some sample answers that if applicable to you, can be used in an MBA interview -
    • People often say I get straight to the point i.e. I don't beat around the bush. This may come off as impolite in some cases, but in my experience I think this habit gets things done faster.
    • People say that I am too mellow or often don't put a tough stance when dealing with customers or colleagues.
    • Some people say I take things too seriously. I don't like substandard work and not being diligent gets to my nerves and therefore I appear to be very serious at work.
    These are just some examples and you can work on that theme with whatever thoughts are applicable to you. πŸ˜‰ This way you don't come off as a bad person or show any overtly negative qualities to the interviewer.
  • Debasmita Banerjee
    Debasmita Banerjee
    Hmm interesting question. I think my parents and friends criticize me about not changing my tee shirt. Since Class 8 I bought 3 exact same Black tee shirts consecutively and wear them always.

Apart from that, They often complain about not fulfilling promises and forgetting stuffs. I am also infamous for sudden odd reactions and being introvert in times, being arrogant for certain things. I think after this, no B-school would select me. On the other hand, is it really required to fake a personality just to get the chance in school ? It might depend on perspectives, however I think being honest has its own benefits.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any kind of Business or Management school faculty/panel respects the values that their organisation stands by. They want to know if you are aware of the college's values and mission...
A definite question in either your application form or the interview. The MBA panel loves to know if you are able to demonstrate some kind of leadership skills in your...
We got together last evening and had a great time. Hope that we'll have an all India meet soon πŸ˜‰
In countless dumb movies and mindless television programs, all of us have witnessed at some point of time that the characters undergo plastic surgery to look 'exactly' like someone else....
Values are known to change with time and region. These values are often the building blocks of how an entire generation perceives and pursues things. What kind of decisions they...