Max. Efficiency of an Electric Motor

What would be the maximum possible efficiency of an electric motor???
And what would be the efficiency difference in a series and shunt motor?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    my guess is approx 89 %. not too sure. correct me if i am wrong.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    zaveri
    my guess is approx 89 %. not too sure. correct me if i am wrong.
    It might go beyond 90%.

But me too not quite sure 😐
  • Harshad Katre
    Harshad Katre
    Generally this efficiency varies from 85 to 95 %. Latest Energy efficient motors have efficiency upto 94 to 95%.
  • Santhosh M
    Santhosh M
    your second question is not clear... because the two kinds of motors have different types of purposes... The efficiency of an electric motor depends on the purpose of their usage... so, comparing the efficiency of series and shunt motors will be meaningless.... 😐

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hii all, I am doing my post graduation in Signal Processing. I am searching for the project in Image Processing. I want to do it with LabView as the tool....
India's Railway Minister, Sadananda Gowda will present India's Railway Budget tomorrow in the parliament and is likely to introduce a new railway track safety mechanism, called 'Trackside X-Ray System'. There...
Scientists digging deep inside the human brain may have found a switch that can literally make you fall asleep. It might take us a step forward in solving the mystery...
Quote: The UpTake: Informing Generation Y are the life changing, global implicating advances of technology and entrepreneurship. The best advice entrepreneurs of this generation can get is to plow through...
Quote: Still need proof that 3-D printing will revolutionize medtech? Take a look at these recent life-saving and important advancements enabled by 3-D printing for some proof of the potential...