Maruti Suzuki WagonR AMT VXi Priced At Rs. 5.09 Lakh, Pre-Bookings Begin

Maruti Suzuki India Limited's hatchback WagonR is getting a new automatic transmission variant soon. The company recently revealed that following Celerio and Alto K10, its popular tall-boy WagonR is also getting equipped with Auto Gear Shift (AGS) technology in the VXi variant. Along with WagonR, Maruti's Stingray is also getting AMT version. The company aims to offer all its famous models in AGS tech such that the rider doesn't have to compromise on the car's fuel efficiency and at the same time be budget-friendly.

Maruti-Suzuki-WagonR-AMT

This announcement from Maruti Suzuki comes prior to the car's actual launch. They've shared that Maruti Suzuki WagonR has already reached dealerships and chances are that the outlets nearest to you have already started taking bookings at a price of Rs. 5000.

In addition to the AMT variant introduction, the 2015 WagonR will now also get Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) as well as driver + co-driver airbags.

MSIL's Executive Director in Sales and Marketing - Mr. R. S. Kalsi is ecstatic about the WagonR AMT variant launch and shared that it is one of the top 5 selling cars in India and the 3rd one in its portfolio to get the AGS technology.

With the new AMT variant, Maruti Suzuki WagonR gets an Intelligent Shift Control Actuator that automatically performs clutch and shift operations. AGS technology unified the working components and allows for synchronised control over the clutch and engine for easier and smoother gear changes.

Maruti-Suzuki-WagonR-Automatic-gear

Coming to the specifications of the latest variant, WagonR comes powered by the same 1.0 litre K-Series petrol engine that delivers a max power of 67 bhp at 6200 rpm and max torque of 90Nm at 3500rpm. The mileage of the AMT variant is calculated at 20.51 km/litre.

Featuring the same design on the exteriors - sporty fog lamps, headlamps with unique blue lens, chrome accentuated new grilles and crystal effect tail lamps, the new WagonR comes in the dimensions - 3,599mm in length, 1,495mm in width and 1,700mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,400mm and a ground clearance of 165mm.

On the inside too, there are dual tone beige and black interiors, an Eagle wings audio system with integrated USB, foldable rear seats for extra storage, electric ORVM & power windows.

The company has shared the official price tags as Rs. 5,09,609 for the VXi AMT (O) variant and Rs. 4,76,935 for VXi (O), both prices are ex-showroom Delhi.

What are your thoughts about the Maruti Suzuki WagonR AMT hatchback? Share with us in comments below.

Source: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R : Wagon R Features, Specifications, Colours and Interior

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

XOLO has unveiled a new low-budget smartphone called 'Xolo Era HD' a smartphone with a 5 inch TruView HD IPS touch screen display with 294 PPI pixel density and 1280...
Hello CEan I am totally confused about fresherworld.com , should i upgrade my membership to premium? Suggestions?
Zero Reflex offers you a chance to convince your family that playing games is not a pure waste of time. The game developed by Croatian company Exordium Games will offer...
A team of researchers from MIT and QCRI aka Qatar Computing Research Institute has come up with a new system that lets you watch a 2D soccer game in 3D...
Hi! I'm a student who's going to university, computer engineering next year. Unfortunately I'm a bit undecided where to attend university. I live in Montreal, with my family since my...