Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid's 28 kmpl Mileage Will Make It India's Most Fuel Efficient Car

Targeting the Indian middle class, Maruti Suzuki is slated to launch India's most fuel efficient car - Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Hybrid. The car is reported to offer about 28 kmpl mileage and it will be positioned to be the top rival for the already popular Honda City. Maruti Suzuki will aim not only to raise the bar for fuel efficient cars in India but also bring the spotlight back on the diesel powered cars; which have been losing shine to the petrol models. According to report published in ET, the new technology will be the USP of the upcoming Ciaz.

Maruti Suzuki has not officially commented on the upcoming models and launches, however a spokesperson informed that improvement to the fuel efficiency of the cars is an ongoing, continuous process at Maruti Suzuki.

We learn that the launch is expected towards the end of this month or early next month. The technical name for the car would be 'Ciaz Smart Hybrid Vehicle By Maruti Suzuki aka Ciaz SHVS. It will feature an idling start and stop mechanism, a bigger battery and the Integrated Starter Generator System which will charge the battery when the car is braking or coasting. The power will be stored by the battery and used along with the power produced by the engine when the car is accelerating.

Maruti-Suzuki-Ciaz-Hybrid-Mileage

No clear information is available at this point about the pricing of Ciaz, but the mild hybrid system along with 1.3 diesel motor is likely to be priced very competitively. Expect it to be Rs. ~30k dearer.

Maruti Suzuki is reported to be aiming for breaking the 30 kmpl mileage barrier with the new Swift and Dzire models. The new technology is also expected to head to Ertiga Hybrid towards the end of the year.

Source: At 28 km/litre, Maruti Suzuki's Ciaz Hybrid may be India’s most fuel-efficient car - The Economic Times | Maruti Ciaz to get SHVS (hybrid) variant, more features | Team-BHP

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I did a mistake when i was registering for tcs nexstep application form fill up..i accidentally typed my date of birth as 13/08/1993 n it got saved..but my date of...
Ubuntu phones have arrived in India. Canonical, the UK-based creator of the open source platform called Ubuntu has partnered with BQ, the European technology company that manufactures smartphones, 3D printers,...
Karbonn Mobiles' latest smartphone called the Aura 9 extends support to 21 Indian regional languages making it ideal for someone looking to access their Android smartphone's various features in their...
Ketto is a one-of-its-kind crowdfunding platform designed to be used for social causes be it education for children, women's empowerment, health or animal welfare. Founded by Varun Sheth (CEO), Actor...
Tech Mahindra will begin Nagpur operations by December 2015. The company is reported to have completed the campus to sit about 1000 employees. There will be a BPO and development...