Maruti Ciaz RS Features Cosmetic Changes - Price, Specs Revealed

The sedan that single-handedly swooped the sales of its best competitors, the 2015 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz has now received a new variant with 'Ciaz RS'. The company management feels that the new Maruti Ciaz RS now has irresistible looks, thanks to a number of cosmetic changes the sedan has received. Launched in two variants - (Petrol) Ciaz ZXi+ and (Diesel) Ciaz ZDi+, both of which are top of the line models, the new car is basking in the glory of its increased visual appeal. The Ciaz RS is priced at Rs. 9.2 Lakh for the petrol variant, whereas the diesel variant starts at Rs. 10.28 Lakh (both prices are ex-showroom Delhi). Without further adieu, let's take a look at what's new with the new 2015 Ciaz RS, here just in time for the festive season.

2015-Maruti-Ciaz-RS-1
2015-Maruti-Ciaz-RS-rear rs_ciaz_rear-under-spoiler rs_ciaz_interiors

First things first, the 'RS' in the energetic new Ciaz RS stands for 'Restless Spirit'. There's a breeze of fresh air when it comes to the newly designed looks. For instance, the sedan is designed to harness the energy of air as it flows along its streamlined contours. The new Ciaz RS comes with front under spoiler, side under spoiler, a trunk lid and rear under spoiler. On the interiors, you will find a consistent black theme with grey chrome finish IP ornament. The instrument clusters gets a silver finish. That about sums up the cosmetic changes of the car.

Moving to the technical specifications, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz RS comes in either a 1373 cc Petrol DOHC engine or a 1248 cc Diesel SHVS DOHC engine. The 1.4 litre VVT petrol engine churns 91 bhp power and 130 Nm torque, whereas the 1.3-litre DDiS 200 diesel engine churns about 88.5 bhp max power and 200Nm max torque.

Both cars comes with a fuel tank capacity of 43 litres, a 2WD drive system, 5MT transmission, ventilated disc front brakes, drum rear brakes, McPherson front suspension and Torsion Beam rear suspension. Other features from the basic model are retained in the Ciaz RS. These include - project head-lights, blackened B-pillar, electrically adjustable wing mirrors with turn indicators and leather seats.

The sedan with a 5 person seating capacity, retains its original dimensions as well. The overall length has been slightly increased at 4505 mm, the width is 1730 mm, the height 1485 mm, 2650 mm wheel base and an enormous 510 litre bootspace.

The Maruti Ciaz RS is being made available in 6 exciting color options. These include - White, metallic silver, pearl black, metallic brown, gray, biege and a pearl sangria red.

What are your thoughts about the sedan's new looks, specs, features and pricing? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I saw an interesting video on Facebook the other day. I later heard that this kind of setup is already implemented at Sector 18 Noida in India along with an...
Been working on hobby AVR project since couple of days, I was looking for a nice plugin for Atom or Sublime Text 3, and after lurking ST package control I...
Putting a rest to the rumours, OPPO R7s smartphone has been officially launched. The unveiling happened at an event in Dubai and as of now there's no word about the...
Vodafone India has promised to roll out 4G services in Delhi by December. The service will be expanded to cover the NCR region viz. Noida, Ghaziabad and Gurgaon over the...
Hi Dudes, I'm currently working on a project where i'm using Ni-chrome wire as a heating element. I stuck in a place where I cannot exactly find the increase in...