Maruti Celerio CNG 'Green' Priced At Rs. 4.68 Lakh. But "Mileage Kitna Deti Hai"?

Maruti has announced Celerio CNG Model "Green" with a price tag of Rs. 4.68 Lakh, ex-showroom in Delhi. Already popular among the Indian buyers, the Celerio offers auto gear shift for an unbeatable price, ideal for those who find manual gear transmission too difficult to handle on busy city roads. The Celerio Green, as it's officially called, will have a factory-installed CNG kit and the company answers "Mileage Kitna Deti Hai?" with 31.79 km/kg. The car comes with 58 bhp, 1.0 litre K10B engine similar to the one found in regular version. Note that the CNG model delivers about 10 bhp lesser than the petrol powered counterpart.

Maruti's patented iGPI system, found in Maruti's Wagon R & Ertiga makes it to the Green. Other features, including the interior and exterior of the car remain unaltered. Check out the technical specifications and price list of various models mentioned in another discussion on CrazyEngineers: Maruti Celerio - Price, Specs & Reviews.

Maruti-Celerio-CNG-Green

That's not the end of the story. There have already been rumors circulating in the social media that Maruti's engineers are working on a smaller, 800 CC diesel engine for the celerio. The codename of the project is Y9T and is expected to hit the markets in 2015. We estimate that the price of the Diesel model would be about Rs. 70K higher than the petrol version.

If any of our CEans are planning to buy the Celerio; do let us know your observations. Do you think the CNG model offers bang for the buck? Let us know below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Celerio is a nice car.
    Recently I gotta chance trying the Celerio Automatic, and I must say not a bad start by Maruti by bringing auto gear mechanism in low budget car. especially If you are living in a crowded area like Delhi, Mumbai its a boon.

Celerio CNG green will give it a edge over Petrol variant as everyone looks for CNG (cost efficient) atleast at Delhi.

NOTE: I wish Maruti could offer better seats in Celerio (atleast comparable to swift), the only negative I saw in car was not so comfortable seating.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - They compromise on the interiors. I think of all the small cars I've seen in the recent times, Honda Brio has the best interiors and space. Would love to have opinions though.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Automatic gear shifting makes Celerio a good worth deal under the price tag of 5 lakhs.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - They compromise on the interiors. I think of all the small cars I've seen in the recent times, Honda Brio has the best interiors and space. Would love to have opinions though.
    I second you, Honda Brio is nice on interior and space. What do you say about i20 interiors and space? Considering you count it in small car 😁,

Also, let me tell you if the criteria of small car is length then no one can beat Jazz.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Aerofex is soon going to make the dream of flying your own motorcycle in the air real with its Aero-X hoverbike all set to launch in 2017. The mean machine...
If you are using an Android smartphone, chances are high that you are using Google's native Gmail app quite frequently. Well, with the latest update, the Gmail app for Android...
Hi how to develop own android mobile phone?. What are the components to make mobile phone. Kindly reply
Knock knock. Who's there? Japanese engineers recently unveiled a robot with a sensor, which was smart enough to understand when its cheeky jokes had fallen flat. The small-sized roller-skating robot...
Howdy! The topic/tag subscription feature on CrazyEngineers has just become even more Kick Ass (yet again!). Now you can see the top topics that have been subscribed by fellow CEans...