Maruti Alto K10 (Automatic) Mileage?

I'm curious to know what mileage does Maruti Alto K10 with Automatic transmission offers? The company claims that the car will offer a cool ~24 kmpl; but the actual is expected to be around 20 kmpl in city traffic conditions.

I do not have much experience with automatic geared cars and wondering whether the auto gear cars have any compromise on the fuel efficiency? Would love to have opinions from all the mechanical and automobile enthusiasts on CrazyEngineers. Thanks!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I havent driven any automatic transmitted gearbox fitted cars.I initially thought that it will definitely add extra mileage when compared to ordinary transmission system.
    But when i searched and read about it , my idea seemed to be false.Read following article to know more: Auto Transmission : Options, advantages and disadvantages | Motoroids
    It describes that auto transmission cars have less fuel efficiency when compared to counterparts. They tend to be little slower in gear change when compared to manual. Only few cars managed to overcome the issues but they were expensive.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, that's true. Can someone let us know why do automatic transmission vehicles offer slightly lesser mileage than the regular cars with manual transmission?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    In the article that i had posted earlier, they have quoted that auto transmission have delay in shifting of gears when compared to manual gears.( In auto yransmission, torque converters/ cvt/dual clutch transmossion were used but they lack quick response in low budget cars. Only premium cars managed to be on par with manual gear shifting . Only major advantage is that it helps to avoid frequent gear shifts inside city limits!!!
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Its 18KMPL Only.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bella Edward
    Its 18KMPL Only.
    I'm assuming that's the average for city-drives. How about on highways?
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm assuming that's the average for city-drives. How about on highways?

As per most of the automobile magazines the reviews of Alto K10 AMT is pretty good so far with Smooth AMT Ride, & an average of ~ 18 - 20 KMPL on heavy Traffic areas.
    Source :#-Link-Snipped-# | "#-Link-Snipped-#"
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Not more than 22 to 23 KMPL
  • Braju
    Braju
    Yes i to agree automatic Santro & i10 been experinced only 10+ milage in city ..i recently bought alto k10 just driven 500KMS roughly iam getting 12 kmpl ..so any one suggest it will increase after few services . Mannual gear shift is well but gear box is already fixed with certain speed to change the gears
  • Braju
    Braju
    Bella Edward
    Not more than 22 to 23 KMPL
    Have u tested this milage
  • Braju
    Braju
    hi edward can any one tell me about correct mileage of these cars
  • Braju
    Braju
    can any one suggest auto cars milage in india
  • Braju
    Braju
    Any guys respect 12kmpl city mileage in alto k10automatic .as per user comments i10auto is 9+ in city 13+ highways. But I experienced long drive 14+ from alto k10 any one experienced same
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    FWIW, The new Ciaz from Suzuki seems to be doing wonders in the mileage section. I've been reading lot of posts on the Internet that hint at the Ciaz offering 20+ kmpl mileage in the city, with AC on.
  • Braju
    Braju
    Thanx. Big car good mileage is highly appreciated. I would like to know new cars always gives less mileage I guess ????
  • Braju
    Braju
    Kaustubh Katdare
    FWIW, The new Ciaz from Suzuki seems to be doing wonders in the mileage section. I've been reading lot of posts on the Internet that hint at the Ciaz offering 20+ kmpl mileage in the city, with AC on.
    Thanx such a big car with good milage is highly appreciated ..but I would like to know whether new cars will have less mileage with in 5kmp

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I am currently working as a tester in a good product company, but the fact that I do not have a degree from a Tier-1 college(Frankly, I could not...
I am not sure if my question is suitable for Engineers forum, but I thought we have lot of wanna be entrepreneurs here, what do you think is best age...
Virgin Galactic spaceship, called 'Space Ship Two' crashed during a test flight in the Mojave desert in California. The carrier craft, called the White Knight however has landed safely. The...
Bot driving skills tested by a shrewd arena! Take on this challenge to experience the most extreme difficulties faced in driving a remote controlled bot. Are you ready to face...
Facebook and anonymity have never gone hand-in-hand. A social networking website always needs access to your personal information in order to offer you its services. Facebook has been trying to...