Make Any 3D Printer Work In Multiple Colors With 'Palette' Device

We want our 3D printers to do more. Most new 3D printing mechanisms are introducing easy-to-use or cheaper variants, but nobody is fully exploiting their potential to create entire new range of objects. Well, with Mosaic Manufacturing's new device rightly called 'Palette', any 3D printer can be made to print a single object in a variety of different colours. Until now, anyone willing to have a colour 3D printer had to shell out thousands of dollars. With Palette, a simple device can be plugged into your existing 3D printer and without the necessity of any additional hardware modifications to it, you can print 3D colorful objects. The Mosaic team has put up the Palette #-Link-Snipped-# for crowd funding and has already gone from their idea to a fully functioning aesthetic prototype.

The first prototype of the Palette lets any 3D printer create objects in up to four different colours or materials (or exotic filaments) such as Conductive, Carbon Fiber Infused, Stainless Steel Infusedu etc. By removing the colour and material limitation, makers can now envision completely new opportunities in 3D colour printing.

palette-3d-printer-color
The Palette​

The Palette does not add extra nozzles to the system. In fact, it takes four colour filaments as inputs and intelligently combines them to a single filament output that can drip from a single nozzle. The Palette takes care of ordering the filaments, adjusting their lengths as well as determining where a colour should appear and when. The closest thing to a modification needed to your existing 3D printer is that the scroll wheel will need to be attached to your printer. Moreover, the Palette’s software is designed to be a companion to all existing multi-extruder slicers on the market.

If you are wondering about compatibility, Palette promises to work with any 3D printer that requires a 1.75mm filament, has access to the filament feed, and runs on .gcode or .x3g.

In less than an year, the Mosaic Manufacturing team went from a proof of concept prototype to their first preproduction unit & product testing. We believe if they carve out a market for themselves, 3D printer owners would love to own the Palette at a reasonable price.

Take a look at the video demonstrating Palette's functionality in a simple manner -

What are your thoughts about Palette? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

` Can u help me a project titles on irrigation engineering aspects?
Most lithium-ion batteries in use today contain iron fluoride, an element that has the potential to triple their energy storage. However, scientists haven't utilised its true potential as of now....
Micromax Informatics Limited has launched a new low-budget dual-SIM (GSM+ GSM) smartphone called ‘Micromax Canvas Spark’ based on dominant Android platform. Priced at Rs 4,999, the latest 3G smartphone in...
WOULD ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE WEBPAGE CONTAINING THE NUMERICAL SOLVED PAPERS ON SOLID MECHANICS.
bro I am a mechanical engineer working in a MNC as a Test Engineer. I am less interested in coding and I am not good at it also. I am...