Major Online Gaming Services Recover after DDoS Attack

The most popular gaming services including Sony PlayStation, Xbox Live, Battle.net, Grinding Gear Games and few others suffered cyber-attacks this Sunday and are now believed to be recovered from threats. The Lizard Squad has claimed the responsibility of the attacks and also sent out bomb threat from a Twitter account. #-Link-Snipped-# informed that the flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment’s President John Smedley had explosives. After grounding and taking precautionary measures, the flight was diverted to different route.

joystick

In a serious issue, hackers took down the online gaming services by overwhelming with artificially high amount of data. Though reasons for attacks are still unclear, it is believed that PlayStation services were the most hit under this attack among all others. However Sony in its recent #-Link-Snipped-# have made it clear that the situation has been under control and PS network and Sony Entertainment Network have been put back on the track. The same post also assured users that no personal information has been compromised.

Microsoft, however refused to comment on the cause of disruption but flashed a message on its support site informing that users were experiencing server unavailability issues while logging in and accessing services. Blizzard, too confirmed the news on its #-Link-Snipped-# informing that the Battle.net services have been affected due to DDoS attacks. Grinding Gear Games in its tweet assured that server issues due to attack would be sorted out soon.

Source: Sony PlayStation Network and other game services attacked - BBC News

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

'Robo Brain', a collaborative project between two Indian-origin researchers, is a large-scale computational system that comprehends everything from publicly available Internet resources, in order to teach robots natural human behavior....
ISRO's ambitious Mars Orbiter took the leap of faith towards the red planet from Sriharikota, India on November 5, 2013. ISRO's confirmed that the journey so far has been as...
While most of the speed experiments are focused on ground and air; the Chinese engineers want to break speed records under water. The latest super high speed submarine prototyped by...
Industry speculations have been proven wrong as Amazon swoops in to acquire video game footage streaming service, Twitch. Earlier it was reported that Google was interested in buying the three...
I want to do a project based on raspberry pi in which I want interface lcd, fingureprint scanner,printer, plz help me where I get ckt diagram , how I program...