Mahindra & Mahindra Launch 'Centuro' - The 110cc Bike In India At Rs. 45,000

The recent entry in the 110cc motorbike segment is with the launch of Centuro by Mahindra & Mahindra group. The two-wheeler portfolio of the company is going to be scaled up with the officials planning to roll out 10 new two-wheeler models over the next two years. The company may also be coming up with a few off-road bikes with this plan. Bearing a price tag of Rs. 45,000 in India, the Mahindra Centuro is yet another fully-loaded bike, that promised a mileage of 85.4 kmpl over a 106.7-cc, MCi-5 (Micro Chip Ignited-5 Curve) engine and comes with an advanced digital dashboard with distance-to-empty, service reminder indicators, anti-theft alarm with engine immobiliser and an encrypted remote flip key, which by the way is a first in Indian motorcycling that gives unique secure access to the motorcycle.

Along comes with this bike is a five-year warranty and a maintenance-free battery that runs a 5-step rear suspension for the riding comfort on the bumpy-little Indian roads. Unveiling the new bike, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra said the company’s success in the two-wheeler territory had proved wrong sceptics who had advised him against venturing into the segment. "It just gave me a sense of deja vu because that’s the same advise the sceptics had when we moved into the (passenger) automotive segment and again when we built the Mahindra World City, first in Chennai and then in Jaipur," said Mr. Mahindra. "The Centuro is a prayaag, a confluence of customer feedback, out-of-the-box thinking and indigenous designing," he said.

slide

Speaking of the features that the bike brings for you is also the Find-Me Lamps that help to easily locate the motorcycle even in a crowded parking lot while Guide Lamps continue to illuminate even as you walk away after parking the bike to light up the way for you. It is interesting here to not that the company has been working to enhance its research & development (R&D) capabilities. Mahindra has so far invested about Rs 100 crore on R&D of new products and plans to invest Rs 500 crore over the next few years. Here's a quick list of technical specifications of the Mahindra Centuro, take a look -

Engine: 4 stroke engine, Air cooled Mci-5 engine
Displacement: 106.7 CC
Power: 8.5 Bhp @ 7500 rpm
Torque: 8.5 Nm at 5500 rpm
Start Type : Electric Start & Kick Start
Gears: 4 speed
Battery: Electric Start 12V / 6Ah maintenance free
Tough frame Cluth : Wet Multi Plate
Brake: Front, Rear
Drum Stroke : 52.4 x 49.5 mm
Speedometer : Digital/ Analog
Head Lamp : 12 v 35w/35w - Halogen
Tail Lamp : LED
Wheels: Alloy
Tyres: Tubeless tyres with optional Tuff up tubes
Weight: 120 Kilograms
Tank/Fuel Capacity: 12.7 liters
Dimensions : 2000 mm X 735 mm X 1111 mm

Coming in two colors - Magenta and Brown, the Centuro is positioned in the premium end of highly competitive 5 lakh units a month in the 110-110 cc space, Mahindra two-wheelers will offer the first 10,000 bookings at Rs 44,000. The bike is up against competition with Hero MotoCorp's Passion Pro, Bajaj Auto's Discover T, and Honda Motorcycles and Scooters Dream Yuga. Will this motorbike fair well in the Indian market? Only time will tell.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes the specification make me to drive crazy.For a price tag of 44,000 definitely Mahindra have a good lead over the other manufacturers.
    If i can I will definitely check this out......
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The price of the centuro actually made me think that it is a new input in the line of mopeds and never I thought it was actually a Mobike

Super cool features at such a base price will always attract any one to buy it
  • sainandan
    sainandan
    considering india a bike needs style,mileage and cost .tag of 45000 makes every common man of india to take a look on it.
  • sainandan
    sainandan
    considering india a bike needs style,mileage and cost .tag of 45000 makes every common man of india to take a look on it.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    My 2 cents:
    110 CC with 45K.
    Umm this bike would not be luring the high end consumers (that like 200+ cc and great looks).

With the average look and price only a commoner would be looking for this.
    Now, the big question for a commoner (generally who do not prefer fancy features like find me over mileage) is mileage. M&M is saying that mileage for this bike would be somewhere 68-70 kmpl (correct me if I am wrong) on long run, is it enough to make it a hit with the average looks.

I have my own doubts. What do you think about that??

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This bike have all the latest happenings in electronics-automobile. And because of that there will be huge difference on average on which they are promoting this bike.

👍 Mahindra & Mahindra !
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is the latest commercial for the Mahindra Centuro -

It hasn't even hit on the national television yet. But, it has managed to attract more than 2 lakh views on YouTube. Yes, the power of social media.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well, Now I am planning to see some real review for this bike as I am going to purchase one and this one fits to my budget and features I am looking for.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Any idea about Fuel Delivery System and Ignition System used in this Bike?

Is it Carburetor and Digital CDI?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We have seen several of us opting for Mineral water instead of the corporation water being pumped into our houses by the Government Why or What is the main reason...
Can someone explain to me in detail whether the C programming language is platform dependent? Please offer some examples as well.
GUNNARS are high-tech computer glasses designed specially for the group of people like Gamers,Bloggers,Coders,IT Technicians,Video editors,etc. who are glued to the computer for majority time of the day. Usually, these...
Now a days,the usage of mobile phones became excess and almost every person uses a mobile phone. In the environment point of view,the mobile phone radiations are proved to be...
The Director/Producer have to pay the x amount to the y channel for letting their show to be broadcast in their Channel. Moreover they even have to pay to actors...