Magic Touch - Haptic Technology in Biomedicine

Haptic Technology is touch engineering.
In the early days 'Laying on of Hands' or the so called healing touch was considered a cure for all diseases. This fell into disrepute when modern medical practice disproved most of the abnormal claims.
Unfortunately, the latest medical practice is tending to use robotics and non contact medicine much more. In many instances the physician and the patient are in different locations. Some vital information is lost in such non contact situations.

One rarely comes across the old clinic scene where a doctor is dipping his hands in the bowl of disinfectant after examining the patient and wiping his hands with the towel on the hanger, all the while conversing with the patient.

Enter Haptic Technology. Bring back the sense of touch. Though mostly used in sports and sports medicine, it is finding increasing use in biomedicine.
Can be an important career option for aspiring biomedical engineers.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking to tackle the CCIE Voice written exam. Please recommend any reading material or provide any pointers for preparing and passing the written exam. Any advice or suggestions...
has excellent collection of online resources for students, teachers, researcher and professionals in civil engineering. It has solved problems, online calculators for civil engineers, links for lecture notes, research...
why don't we try to transmit a smell through a cable as we transmit a data or voice from one place to another.i want to work my project on this...
hello all, i am new in linux ,but read linux few months ago,did little practice with unix commands.I w'ld like to go ahead with linux scripting and in this i...
😎 Well I believe in cool living and hard thinking. I m a student who is at present preparing to crack IIT -JEE exam. Im always facinated by the word...