Magic Maverick

Maverick, does the word seems familiar. If not try to stress your brain a little if you are using Ubuntu 10.10 you will recall its code name is Maverick Meerkat. The Dictionary meaning of Maverick means unbranded range of animal. The word is derived from surname of Samuel Augustus Maverick when this US cattleman refused to brand his cattle. The other meaning of the word Maverick means independent minded and self sufficient this meaning is also coined from nature of Samuel Maverick. You might be confused why we are discussing word Maverick here, now don’t tell you aren’t confused. We are not disusing the word Maverick here but impact of word Maverick on technology.

Have you ever played Counter Strike Condition Zero? It’s a first person shooter game released for both PC and console. It was one of the most loved#-Link-Snipped-# versions of Counter Strike (CS) game till now and still though newer versions are available to CS people still prefer to play Condition Zero. On the release year it was one of those games which were listed among top 10 games sales wise. If you have ever played CS Condition Zero then you might remember, as a colleague you had a player named Maverick and though he was graded 3 for performance he was the only colleague who used to clear half ground of challenge all by himself and when you were playing CS for first time you used to hide behind him asking him to cover you, now don’t say you don’t remember this. Because if you have really played it you’ll remember him, it doesn’t matter you can remember any other player colleague or not.

The next on list is Maverick Shotguns by Mossberg. If you are a hunter or a person really interested in guns and if you don’t know about Maverick Shotguns I doubt you really#-Link-Snipped-# know anything about guns. Maverick shotguns are well established name in solid, affordable, robust hunting and security firearms. Awarded by US government, Business Journal and ISO it is known for its value and performance all over the world and best choice for hunters, security firms and organizations who gives bodyguards on hire.

M4A1 Maverick Carbine Rifle is first rifle that was able to stand might of AK-47. Oh....! Did the word Maverick appeared once again, yes it does. I don’t deny the facts several attempts were made before this rifle to make a successful alternative to AK-47. Nor I deny Maverick’s damage capacity never matched AK-47 but military people know, still it was best choic#-Link-Snipped-#e against AK-47. Reason..., it is one of the cheapest gun in rifle’s range, have good shot accuracy, high rate of fire, capable of high damage as AK-47, acceptable recoil and its ability to perform even if it is half broken. After AK-47 got challenger named Maverick AK got newer versions named AK-57, AK-74 and AN-94 and they claim their superiority above Maverick by damage capacity and shot accuracy but again Maverick wins over them by ease of use, recoil, rate of fire, bullets per magazine and its capacity to perform even though its half broken, don’t you think name does the job for rifle.

The latest on list is Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat. Now whats so special about it. Use it and you will find it is one the most appealing chocolate view #-Link-Snipped-#Ubuntu ever launched. Other powerful features includes less boot time, easy software center, multiple hardware platform support, super-fast kernel and other graphical improvements to his previous releases, now Ubuntu also features a site Askubuntu.com, an official site dedicated to problems and solutions to Ubuntu related problems by experts. Ubuntu actually provides two new flavors every year but until now none of any of its previous releases ever came up with so many tweaks as well as features.

Type word Maverick and Google on it, you’ll find most of the people, organizations, products services etc. named Maverick actually sustained in-spite of worse conditions. As i said earlier Maverick also means independent minded and self sufficient that means most of the people and things adopted meaning of the word to keep themselves self sufficient and alive. Hey don’t mis-undertook that i am promoting this word does wonders for all, it could be sheer coincidence but for now i just believe the word does magic to all those things which i know so far.

The idea to this article came to my mind when i checked Ubuntu 10.10 and compared it to its ancestors and no other words than Hard Work + Smart Work can do magic for you, there is no better and bigger magic than this. Things became successful just because of dedication to work not by words. Every word in the dictionary might be waiting for their chance to get connected with a success story and of course Maverick got its chance to become a Magic Maverick and believe magic is not in any word, it is in you.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Online Transactions are one of the most talked subjects when e-commerce is concerned. Currently Visa and MasterCard support 3-Domain system to secure your online transactions. The 3-Domain System(3D)is used in...
India has been buzzing with the talks of mobile number portability. After much deliberation and a delay of almost a year, which is not unnatural here, the service is finally...
He topped SSC exams and made sure that his enlarged photograph was hung in head-master's office for several years. In late 80's he could have settled in a job with...
The CompactFlash association has published CF6.0 specifications, three companies are gearing up for the future. Sony, Nikon & Sandisk have proposed a new memory card format that switches from PATA...
As a regular user on Internet we expect some kind of security, this security is provided in form of Secure Socket Layer(SSL) and Transport Layer Security(TLS). Both security models use...