MadRat Games Launch 'SuperSuit' - World’s First Wearable Gaming Platform at CES 2016

The newly launched wearable gaming platform 'SuperSuit' created by Bangalore-based firm MadRat Games, is one gift parents all over would happily buy their children. Not only has it got all the right reasons to be recommended for its use from encouraging play outdoors in a “Third Space” away from screen-dominated indoors to a digital vest that supports games like hide-and-seek, laser tag, etc, but it also enables parents to keep track of where their children are and monitor their fitness levels through the companion smart phone app via Bluetooth. Users can download new titles, upgrade firmware and maintain player profile and data.

Supersuit-gaming-platform
The SuperSuit consists of three parts – the SuperVest, and the SuperGlove and SuperBeacon. It is available in different colors. The glove is what you use to shoot laser beams at your opponent, but you can also use it to do different gestures, which triggers a variety of functions depending on what game you are playing while the vest records hits and displays scores in form of lights, audio and haptic feedback. SuperBeacon can sense other players and fire back at them. One of the USP of the suit is gesture sensing allowing the users to pair the suit with stuff like toy cars, robots and more which can then be controlled by hand gestures. These range trigger special powers creating a charm of telekinesis.​

Founded by Rajat Dhariwal, an IIT Bombay alumnus, MadRat Pvt Ltd. is also the creator of World’s First Hindi Board Game, “Aksharit”, being used by over 3000 schools in the country enabling children to learn Hindi easily.

supersuit-madrat-gaming-platform

Supersuit is a platform that aims to take kids away from screen dominated games, and could well be the future of gaming. It is an open gaming platform that anyone can develop for. The gaming version at CES 2016 might not be the final version on the offer from the company as it can still undergo some enhancements and tweaking for the conclusive design.

With the shrinking outdoor playing areas in cities and safety concerns this new wearable first of its kind gaming platform could certainly help bring the freedom of play to children out of doors.

Source:#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quanergy, the 3D sensor maker from California, have announced their latest Lidar for self-driven cars. Best part is, the "S3" would cost as less as $250. These 3D mapping sensors...
There are so many types of concrete invented all over the world. All of them were reached to high compressive strength and to be used for certain purpose which are...
I am not pretty much sure whether this discussion is appropriate or not, but i just want to send my regards and warm greetings to all the CEans especially to...
A shout out to people working with CFD (or Computational Mechanics in general). Post below, if there are any, so that we can discuss ideas and enrich our understanding.
I am looking to construct a building approximately 38 stories high along the beach. I have been looking into this for about 2 years now and I am ready to...