'Made In China' Robot 'Chang'e-3' To Land On Moon

China is ready to launch Chang'e-3, its first unmanned robot to roll on the moon-land. The robot is expected to make it to the faraway planet by the end of this year. The robot will be the first one in the Change'e series to actually land on moon. There were two robots, Chang'e-1 and Chang'e-2 which were set out for lunar probe in 2007 and 2010 respectively; but they didn't land on the planet. Chinese engineers have developed a unique, slow landing technique for the bot and the details of this technology are not known yet.

change3
Image Credit: DragonInSpace.com​

The bot is currently at the launch implementation stage following. The research and construction stage is over and it's currently waiting a launch date. The Chinese government, in the mean time, has promised that the bot will land on moon by December this year. Once the launch date is finalised, it will take of from the Xichange Satellite Launch Center in Sichuan province.

China National Space Administration is pumping money and sending humans to the orbit since 2003 and it's already on the way to realising its mega plans of sending a human to the moon by 2020.

Let's wait for the details of the robot. We'll keep you informed about the bot as soon as we get some official information about the tech specs and features.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This seems like Mars Rovers NASA sent there. What can probably be its utility. Seeing the size and expanse of this robot, I doubt the range of data it will be able to collect from the moon. That data it collects might already be available with other space agencies. Putting something on moon just for the sake of status doesn't seem logical
  • mail154
    mail154
    👎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most of the ip addresses on a network range in class C which is 192.168.0.0, why class C? why not class B,C,D or E widely used?
I am having a serious trouble, a few months ago I noticed that my broadband usage was going up. I shut down all the automatic updates on all the softwares...
The Lawrence Livermore National Lab has produced an interesting graph that shows that less than 40% of the energy produced in the States is actually used. There is a new...
Let me post the link and get out of the way; https://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-07/i-met-worlds-smartest-dog
One more headache to chemistry students. There seem to be periodic additions to the Periodic Table. The latest is the confirmed finding of a new heavy weight element with an...