Macbook Air Price Dropped & Processor Upgraded

Apple has just released new Macbook Air laptops. While there aren't major changes to the machines except for the price drop of about $100 across all the four models. The machines will now ship with a faster Intel processor. Starting today, the price of the basic 11.6" Macbook Air will be $899 (earlier $999) and the entry level 13" Macbook Air will be available for $999 (earlier $1099). Both these models will ship with 128 GB of Solid State Drive (SSD) and have 4GB of on-board memory (RAM). The top-end models will carry 256 GB of SSD storage with the 11" costing $1099 and the 13" costing about $1199.

macbook-air-price-drop

The Macbook Air will now ship with an upgraded dual-core Intel processor operating at 1.4 GHz (Core i5). All the four machines ship with Intel HD Graphics 5000 to handle the graphics. If you are looking to buy a new Mac, you're getting a good deal!

It's however expected that Apple will announce a new entry in the Air lineup; a 12" Macbook Air with Retina Display. While the official announcements are just few weeks away; we strongly recommend that you should wait til WWDC, scheduled between 2-6 June in San Francisco.

Details: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    One should wait for 12" Macbook Air with Retina Display as it aims to be the thinnest lappy available in the market.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    One should wait for 12" Macbook Air with Retina Display as it aims to be the thinnest lappy available in the market.
    Retina display is all good; but the cost's going to be quite higher than the regular models. I guess they'd begin at $1299 onwards.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Retina display is all good; but the cost's going to be quite higher than the regular models. I guess they'd begin at $1299 onwards.
    Apple products were never cheap and not intended for mango people; that's the reason they give best in class quality.

If that will be an engineering marvel, $1299 is not a lot, right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those who want to know the price of new Macbook Air in India, here we go:

1. 11" Basic Model: Rs. 65,900
    2. 11" Top Model: Rs. 79,000
    3. 13" Basic Model: Rs. 72,000
    4. 13" Top Model: Rs. 86,000

Those prices are still way above the competition; but if you've decided to buy a Mac, I think those prices are good! As I said again - you've gotta be waiting for the Retina display model of Macbook Air. It's going to steal the show!
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those who want to know the price of new Macbook Air in India, here we go:

1. 11" Basic Model: Rs. 65,900
    2. 11" Top Model: Rs. 79,000
    3. 13" Basic Model: Rs. 72,000
    4. 13" Top Model: Rs. 86,000

Those prices are still way above the competition; but if you've decided to buy a Mac, I think those prices are good! As I said again - you've gotta be waiting for the Retina display model of Macbook Air. It's going to steal the show!
    Can Macbook Air handle heavy software like Adobe Photoshop???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Can Macbook Air handle heavy software like Adobe Photoshop???
    It can, very well. I'd recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements - it's cheaper and it does most of the things you'd typically do in Photoshop. Plus, there's a wonderful software called Pixelmator; it's damn cheap and can replace PhotoShop's almost every feature.

I never missed anything after making a switch from Windows; about 4 years ago.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It can, very well. I'd recommend Adobe Photoshop Elements - it's cheaper and it does most of the things you'd typically do in Photoshop. Plus, there's a wonderful software called Pixelmator; it's damn cheap and can replace PhotoShop's almost every feature.

I never missed anything after making a switch from Windows; about 4 years ago.
    Thank you, that was really helpful...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Am having a problem with my external hard disk. It is a 1TB hard disk. And i have saved my important files on it. It shows the amount of free...
dear admin , I'm in real need of help to choose between tcs and tavant technologies . I have been placed in these companies through college and the profiles being...
Rice University chemists have developed a flexible, portable material using nanoporous nickel-fluoride electrodes layered around a solid electrolyte to furnish a battery-like supercapacitor performance which incorporate the best qualities of...
A new app called Guide Dots on Android, designed specially for the visually impaired people, combines the power of popular services such as Google Maps and Facebook Places with a...