Low virtual memory in xp

😕😕😕😕
Ive had been watching lot of movies online lately,so there had been error msg showing low virtual memory.So to avoid this msg i increased virtual memory size ,but since then i'm not been able to watch movies online as it buffers for few minutes and when i rewind it doent even play.My pc configuration is as follows
Windows xp sp2
2.66 GHz
1 gb ram
Virtual memory -
paging file size
initial size 768mb
max size 1500mb

Pls advice how to solve this problem😔.How can i tackle this problem😕

Replies

• engineer_vinay
    engineer_vinay
    Vertual memory depends on System drive's free space also. check it and confirm.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    preetham2020
    😕😕😕😕
    Ive had been watching lot of movies online lately,so there had been error msg showing low virtual memory.So to avoid this msg i increased virtual memory size ,but since then i'm not been able to watch movies online as it buffers for few minutes and when i rewind it doent even play.My pc configuration is as follows
    Windows xp sp2
    2.66 GHz
    1 gb ram
    Virtual memory -
    paging file size
    initial size 768mb
    max size 1500mb

Pls advice how to solve this problem😔.How can i tackle this problem😕
    If you have free Hard disk space you can increase your Virtual Memory for each drive (any partitioned drive as well).

Try to increase the Max size 1500 MB to 3000 MB & set the initial to 2000 MB. Check if problem still persist. Also try to clean your internet temp files & cookies.
  • nsrshridhar
    nsrshridhar
    The best bet here is to go to start - run - msconfig ( May not work at times On Vista Systems) and uncheck unwanted items at startup. Also Start - Run - Prefetch and deleting files in Prefetch folder.

One thing as suggested above is to increase the virtual memory for drives which will solve the problem.
  • HEART-HACKER
    HEART-HACKER
    1.Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    2.In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    3.In the Performance pane, click Settings.
    4.In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
    5.In the Virtual memory pane, click Change.
    6.Change the Initial size value and the Maximum size value to a higher value, 7.click Set, and then click OK.
    8.Click OK to close the Performance Options dialog box, and then click OK to 9.close the System Properties dialog box.

HOPE IT WILL WORKS ;-)
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    Dude, This is a very common issue with windows machine. I have the tried and tested solution for the same. After applying this your machine will never ask for virtual memory. First and foremost, Bring back your virtual memory allocation back to normal, as it was before.

Reason being , after implementing this solution, your machine would never run out of PRIMARY AVAILABLE memory.

Download a software called RAM BOOSTER. Install it and keep it running. This is a very very small in size software , which when executes in background KEEPs CLEANING or refreshing or say in very simple terms DELETING NO MORE REQUIRED memory chunks from the RAM ALLOCATIONS.

So, your machine will always have FREE available PRIMARY MEMORY and it will never ask for virtual memory allocation. BINGO!

For more such simple and effective solutions, Please you can visit my permanent technical solutions/ news/ knowabouts blog called as YourTechMate.Blogspot.com.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Details about HEWITT company?
Please give me some mini projects using c language - that are not too basic. For example the roll call management systems and attendance systems are over done. I'm looking...
LET YOUR HEART BE IN PEACE Hi, Sir, i wanna method for increasing the pressure of the steam, can you guide me in what all ways can i do that,...
Hi, I am a 2nd year student doing B.Tech in Computers Stream. I want to go for summer training in the month of june and july(2009) for 6 weeks.Could you...
Hi, I am a 2nd year student doing B.Tech in Computers Stream. I want to go for summer training in the month of june and july(2009) for 6 weeks. Please...