Love Coke & Worried About Maggi? Watch This!

People all over India are expressing their concern over Maggi; it's not that people did NOT know that it's unhealthy - they were waiting for someone to announce it that it's unhealthy. I'm absolutely confident that people would just ignore all of it and get back to regular consumption of maggi as soon in the next month or so.

But there are several people who are Coke / Pepsi lovers. I've this interesting video for them featuring the head of Coke Europe. Don't miss this.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    When Coke was introduced in India in the early sixties, the concentrate was imported and diluted and bottled here. For a while I did get hooked on to it along with an existing severe nicotine addiction. Got out of both.
    I avoid all soft drinks now. Adam's ale (Coffee of course) is good enough.
    Information is there as the head of Coke Europe claims. No one reads it. So are the warnings about tobacco. Easy availability and peer pressure does a lot of damage.
    The 'diet' versions have other sugar substitutes. We do not know what they do to us.
    Instant noodles are fried for long shelf life and can have health implications about the residual oxidation products of the oil. The present Maggi issue is not talking about instant noodles per se but about he high lead and MSG content. Even if this becomes ok, as a food instant noodles may not be all that desirable.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# sir - I think when people are told in the language they understand (like a single cup contains 44 sugar packs vs. xyz calories) they will be more aware. Few months ago, I had read a similar post about contents of maggi on Quora where an expert from the food industry explained what the 'ingredients' really mean.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Also they contain caffeine in black drink.
    In UK, they sell 2 Liters of Coke half the of price of 1 liter of water 😲.
    In this condition, what you expect people to buy.
    I am pretty sure similar trend going to happen in India.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    In UK, they sell 2 Liters of Coke half the of price of 1 liter of water 😲.
    I am pretty sure similar trend going to happen in India.
    ^ I dread the day when that becomes a reality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 2015 TATA Safari Storme facelift has made its grand appearance in India at a starting price of Rs. 9.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). There's a lot of stuff to look...
Microsoft's Windows 10 will be available to everyone by the end of July and we're likely to see ATMs to upgrade to Windows 10 very soon. The ATM Industry Association...
I think CE should have an application for mobiles now.
Taiwanese tech-giant, HTC has launched its another flagship, HTC One ME SIM in China. The device shares some of its features with One M9+ launched earlier this year in China....
Quote: There seems to be something of a gap between the app-heavy innovation culture led by Millennials and the more risk-averse and mature product development approach common in the medical...