LookTel's Money Reader App: Smart!

I know most of us are addicted to smart cards and may not have more than just few bucks in our pockets. While the plastic money is taking over our wallets, the paper currency won't go away anytime soon. LookTel's developed and released an app for iOS devices that helps blind people count money. This app can instantly identify objects and identify the bills (from $1-$100) instantly using a special object recognition technology. The app instantly reads out the value.

[​IMG]

The best part of the app is that you need not hold the bill properly in front of the camera. The app is intelligent enough to identify just a portion of the bill and identify it correctly. The app itself costs just $1.99.

My take: I simply love this idea. Simple problems have even simpler solutions and it could have come in anyone's mind. The app is sure to make lot of business by solving a real world problem for large population. Check out this demonstration -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guinness Records confirms that Microsoft Kinect is world's fastest selling consumer electronic gadget ever. I'm sure even Microsoft didn't expect this and anyone would have assumed it would be an...
Today I was just browsing through the net and what I found really made me say “yikes!”.  The manufacturers have correctly named this ultimate bike as yikes, because that is...
Yeah you read it right! The biggest social networking website Facebook, which has over 500 million users, has added a feature that might help in rescuing someone from attempting suicide!...
Glaucoma is the forerunner in diseases causing total blindness around the world. Glaucoma is caused due to damaged optic nerve which in turn is affected by the increase in eye...
We have already heard of the robots getting human like in physical appearance and form. To outdo that, here comes a technique which will make the robots sense the touch...