Looks like you are depressed!

According to ASSOCHAM, 42.5% of all the corporate employees in India are suffering from depression or general anxiety disorder. Some of the biggest contributors of stress among Indian employees are -
  • Very demanding schedule
  • High stress work - deadlines, expectations
  • Salary hikes, remuneration tightly linked to the performance
...and then there are bad habits like poor sleeping pattern, addiction to caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, party culture, various types of pollutions (air, noise) which result into disturbed body cycle. What's shocking is that 55% of the employees surveyed were young [20-29 years] and about 26% in the 30-39 age range. The survey was performed in the top corporate cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai etc.

Curious to know what our working CEans think about it? Have you been feeling stress? Have you seen people stressed around you? Isn't the survey shocking?

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't the survey shocking?
    It is not. Some of us are victim of these issues.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know what our working CEans think about it?
    Depressions also come, when someone is not given a proper credit for good work. BUT, if someone does something wrong, none of the management guys will spare you. Moreover, it is seen that, the remuneration or perks does not depend on the hard work someone does. There are various other X Factors which we can not ignore.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you been feeling stress?
    For me, it is yes. 😔 But, this is my life. I tried to change many things which could be improved according to my views, but seeing the stubbornness, I accepted all those odd stuffs.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    • Very demanding schedule
    • High stress work - deadlines, expectations
    • Salary hikes, remuneration tightly linked to the performance
    Been there for 6-7 months. You can imagine the situation when my friends get amazed if they see me having late breakfast in weekend, why I am not office.
    The phase ended just before my nervous breakdown ☕ .
    After that decided to work for right hours, efficiently and according to my salary #MyChoice 😁
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you seen people stressed around you?
    Seen it, sometime for no reason, because some people always have something to complain instead of looking their own ability.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Isn't the survey shocking?
    Not shocking for service industry, it's normal.
    Yes, shocking for product based. If product based companies are doing this, then eventually product will be rusting over time.
    For software industry if you are pressurizing employees, it's high chances that you are compromising with quality.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Audi is all set to dazzle Indian roads as the company's management has declared the launch of its 5 different models, one each month starting this month. The first one...
The name's "Redstone"! Microsoft's engineers seem to have named the next major upgrade to Windows 10 likely to be released next year. While we all are waiting for Windows 10...
I have recently done a survey where I have mapped the quality of the soil versus mineral contents in it. As a result, I have got some tabular data where...
Though it might feel that of the many problems that a small company faces, the biggest challenge may vary from startup to startup, but the truth is that most startups...
Rakuten-owned Kobo has announced the launch of a new ebook reader, called ‘Kobo Glo HD’ bearing a price-tag of $129.99 (approx. Rs 8000). The eReader will be available in black...