London Olympic Stadium - Discussions

Just stumbled upon this picture of the upcoming London Olympic stadium on File:olympic Stadium London Design.jpg. Olympic_Stadium_London_design

I'm wondering whether all the stadiums are constructed that way or there's something special about this construction? Civil Engineers, please inform 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A good article is written by our fellow CEan-CivilPrincess on VoiCE covering all major information about this stadium's construction -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I personally think it is going to be spectacular. 😒
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Apart from the stadium we also have the cable car construction (the cable car will cross river Thames) which will attract the attention.

Check out this article: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Feather
    Feather
    The structure is amazing. It has two tiers. The lower one is the permanent one and has a capacity of 25,000 people. Whereas, the upper one is temporary and can add up to 55,000 more people whose seats are dismantle-able.
    There are many green features also. Like, the roof is built from PVC instead of steel or concrete and the use of lightweight steel and provision for rain water collection is done.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Let's compile a list of all the various software used by Civil & Structural engineers. If you're providing link to the commercial software, please make sure that you're pointing...
Let's face it - we engineers love to play computer games and the perpetual question that haunts each one of us is the best possible computer that can be built...
is it possible to link matlab and visual studio 2008?...i heard matlab itself has front end(GUI) but i have one module written in C# in visual studio and i wanna...
As the cursor moves over each entity it is identified. Click on the entity and you are taken to an article on that. https://cliptank.com/PeopleofInfluencePainting.htm
How to find the following impedance/admittance matrix? Find the impedance matrix (Z matrix) for (a) and (b) Find admittance matrix (Y matrix) for (a) and (b) Find the impedance matrix...