LinuxCon (Aug 20-Aug 22) : Chi City!

Link to schedule : #-Link-Snipped-#

Selection_001

You're interested in which topic talks ? Share! Discuss!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting! I haven't really followed any of the LinuxCons in the past. Can you post a brief overview of what happens at the conference? Why should anyone attend it?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting! I haven't really followed any of the LinuxCons in the past. Can you post a brief overview of what happens at the conference? Why should anyone attend it?
    Too lazy to answer in my own words : #-Link-Snipped-#

What happens ? You learn something about upcoming features in Linux & state of Linux. (eg : #-Link-Snipped-#) You can attend your favourite sessions & educate yourself a lot more. If possible you can even manage to talk to devs face to face. You can meet other students working on some opensource projects.

If LinuxCon would happen in India, I would never miss one. For students all sessions fee is $200, for rest it's sky-high, I don't remeber the numbers exactly but its above $500.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Presentation by Ruth Suehle & Tom Callaway, Fedora contributors on Raspberry Pi hacks. If you're interested, I have attached presentation slides below :

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever we head outside our houses most of us carry our phones, wallets or bags and keys. The next time though you can forget about your keys as the new...
HI As a part of my thesis i want to gain detailed knowledge on RC box girder bridges, from historic point of view to complete design process both in simulation...
hi guys, i'm an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering and i have interest in military technology,weapon developement and armament technology but i don't have any knowledge in these fields whatsoever....
Has anyone good experiences with Linux Containers (LXC) and more specifically Docker in a production environment? What about stability, redundancy and security-aspects? We're on RHEL.
Does anyone know the actual status of the experiments with the thorium reactors? Is it production ready? Especially India seems to have conducted lots of experiments with the Kakrapar, Kaiga...