Linux Problem

I tried to upgrade using
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update
but it showed the error
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
Tried using add/remove application but got the same error
ran : dpkg --configure -a
but then this message comes: dpkg: requested operation requires superuser privilege
This is driving me crazy
P.S. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Version)

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    when I am trying to update or install anything new then i get this error
    E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    When you say you tried using the add/remove application, do you mean the Synaptic one? What are package planning to download?

I think you need to be logged in as "root" to use this command:
    "dpkg --configure -a"

[EDIT]
    Try:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm not sure how digital serial input is read into the PIC. This is how I would guess it's done. You have a pin configured for input. You then have...
hello to all😎😛 Me anil jadhav working in satyam computers ltd hyderabad in engineering solutions working for caterpiller usa
will anyone suggest me a book on 8051 microcontroller? please
hi gyz actually i m java devloper and want to execute the java web services so any body who has got knowladge of this technology plz send me best article...
Hi I have completed my B.Tech in Electronics and I'm working in a software company as a QA Engineer. I'm familiar with computers and good in software testing. There are...